"0000: Error: Unknown error" Only in demo?

I also have this problem... I run the game, click on some mission and when i click start it drops me down to desktop and it writes

0000: Error:

Unknown error

I tryed to install xvid codecs and it didn´t help.

So is this problem only in demo version or also in full game? Is there anyone who had the same problem as me in demo but has no problems in full version? Because if it is only in demo, I will buy the game I think.

Yes, and my comp.: AMD Athlon 1600+ XP, 1,4GHz, 768 MB RAM, v. card: Geforce 4 MX440.

May be the problem in this?

And when I press Troubleshooting in Configure the demo it writes this:

WARNING: 0

Your video card is not support Pixel shader 1.0.

This will bring to suggestive worsening of game graphic.

INFO: 0

Your video card is not support Pixel shader 2.0.

This will bring to slight worsening of game graphic.

WARNING: 1

Your video card is not support Vertex shader 1.0.

This will bring the significant decreasing of FPS.

WARNING: 3

Your video card is not support 4-texturing.

Most of visual effects will be disabled.

INFO: 1

Your video card is not support 2-window tracing.

Thermal sights will be displayed incorrect.

INFO: 2

If your video card has less than 128Mb VRAM:

- set texture quality to medium or low;

- set grass quality to minimum;

- set trees quality to minimum.

Operating system Windows XP Service Pack 2

CPU clock rate 1400 MHz

INFO: 3

If you like to use joystick, then:

- enable joystick in configurator.

INFO: 4

If you overclocking processor, then:

- game will crush;

- show BSOD.

Disable overclocking.

Thank you, hope you will help.

Clemenza, I would think that the error is caused by the MX 440 card (which, so I have heard, isn't really a Geforce 4). I had that card in my laptop, and while the game can run with that card, it's at the very low end of the min. requirements. Quite frankly, I don't think that you'll have much fun with the game with that card, and the first 4 or 5 warnings you see there in that troubleshooting file ain't joking (especially warning no. 3 - you'll have to disable pretty much any graphics option to make the game run, and even then it will be very slow in anything but a 1 on 1).

Sorry, but I think you'll need some stronger hardware, especially graphics card, for the game. Luckily, you won't need the latest and greatest, but any card with, say 128 MB, that is 1-2 years old, should do, and those aren't more than a hundred bucks these days I think - and some even less than that.

Martin

Moon, yes, you are right... My hardware is very old for these new games... So, what can I do... I just won´t play this, I think, great game...

Well I don´t want to buy a new card, because the games which I can´ t play now I still won´t be able to play and games, which I can play now I will be able to play with a little better quality... Maybe new computer... but it costs about thousand bucks :( At least in my country...

Ok, so I won´t bother you any more, thank you and have a nice day...

Clemenza, look at it this way. At least when you are finally able to afford to upgrade, It will run smooth as butter. You can get a decent computer (onboard sound and video, but upgradable) here in the US for around 300 bux that will run T72 fine. What country do you live in?