Anyone have a Cyberpower Systems PC?

Build your own PC. You can get the exact components that you want and save money. I just looked at all of those Gaming PC sites and decided to build my own. Alienware is very expensive for what you get. What exactly are you paying for with Alienware?

Good Luck with your dream machine.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies.

Jeff - If you don't mind my asking, what do you like about it over the Alienware? Rune recommended Cyberpower to me a while ago when I started looking for a new PC, and I am now in serious shopping mode. Cyberpower and Alienware were my 2 contenders, with Alienware being substantially more expensive for a comparably equipped machine. I was considering waiting for the 800 Mhz front side bus machines to come out later this summer, but I can't wait that long to play some of the "Huge" battles on CMBB without sitting for 10 minutes while a turn calculates. Did you go with the AMD version or the Intel version?

Jack - I would like the experience of building my own, but unfortunately do not have the time to tinker with one properly. Most of my free time is taken up by my daughter, and what little remains is taken up by my wife's Honeydo List and CMBB, of course.

Before Christmas I purchased an Alienware Area 51M Laptop. Pentium 4, 2.8 Ghz, 512 MB Ram, etc. Nice system. Fast as hell.... $3200

I just received a Cyberpower system. AMD XP2600+, 512MB PC3200/DDR400 Ram, KT400 motherboard, 80 GB Maxtor 7200 rpm HDD, etc.

This for only $1100. This system is beautiful, kicks ASS, and smokes the laptop system. I am very pleased.

jw