can't play my own scenarios?!

Hi everyone. Last remains of my sanity speaking.

Whenever I create a scenario, I seem to be able to play it only once, then the single player mode is simply not available.

If you've encountered the same problem and know the solution, or if you are a leading member of any of the secret societies ruling the world, please feel free to reply.

Uh... that is pretty strange. I haven't encountered this problem myself nor do I have a secret decoder ring.

Have you changed anything about the scenario between the last time you played it and the next time you attempted to play it ?

Are there Allied Assault Boats in the scenario ? If there are then you won't be able to play as the Axis since the AI is not coded to control the boats.

Can you still edit the scenario though you are unable to play it in single player mode ? Have you attempted to save the game again with a different filename ? How does the scenario appear in the listing, does it have white text or orangish-red text (for a saved game) ? Are you performing any sort of save while playing the scenario ?

If you save a game with the default name it will overwrite the scenario file. This is due to the fact that the default save directory for user-created scenarios is the saved games directory. So there is nothing you can do to recover the ones which you have overwritten, but you can remember to save them elsewhere in the future.

Note to BTS: this should definitely be changed for CM2.

WWB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by detritus:

Hi everyone. Last remains of my sanity speaking.

Whenever I create a scenario, I seem to be able to play it only once, then the single player mode is simply not available.

If you've encountered the same problem and know the solution, or if you are a leading member of any of the secret societies ruling the world, please feel free to reply.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be sure to move your new scenario as you soon as you make it from Saved Games to Scenarios. If you don't when you save you will overwrite the main scenario file.