mac OS 9.14 imac problems

Okay i dont kbnow if anyone out there can help me on this but anything is good...

i have a imac 266 rev b with all the newest adn best drivers for open GL

i have the specs to run CM and i can open the game

when i get to the mission selevtion screen and have selected my options and click start it shows the loading window and it says 3-d graphics

then it quits CM and goes back to the desktop

can anyone help me?

What resolution are you trying to run CM at ? For your iMac I'd suggest 640x480 or maybe 800x600 at the most. You are running at 16-bit color or higher, correct ?

How much memory do you have on your computer and what is your configuration for Virtual Memory ? Have you turned off your Power Saving features (though I don't know how much of a difference that may make to your current problem) ?

You say that you're using the latest and greatest OpenGL version, is that 1.2.1 or 1.2.2 ? If it is 1.2.2, you may want to revert to 1.2.1 (which comes with the 1.12 patch for CM from their FTP site). OS 9.1 should have the latest appicable drivers for your ATI video chip. Are you allowing all of the ATI related extensions to load up ? CM is actually a RAVE-based game rather than OpenGL, but an update to OpenGL was needed in the past for some Macs with ATI Rage 128 Pros on board to run CM properly.

That's all I can think of at the moment. You can search the Tech Support forum and probably find some more suggestions/answers.

How much memory do you have? Assigning 60 mb to CMBO is a very good start especially with OS 9.x. After upgrading/sidegrading your video drivers don't forget to trash you CMBO prefs in the prefs folder in the System folder. Please let us know whether or not it worked. CMBO and OS9.2 do not get along well together, I wouldn't suggest any OS above 9.1 and I run 9.04 on my 400mhz iMac and 8.6 on my Rev B.

CMBO will not run on iMacs with only 6 MB of video ram unless the video is set to 800x600 or 640x480. There is not enough video RAM to support it at 1024x768. It does the same thing on my iMac 233 with 6MB of video RAM.

As far as the version of Mac OS to use I am running Mac OS 9.2.1 and CMBO works just fine.

David

okay ...tried on 800x600 res then it got further on the screen was still at 3d graphics and it seemed to be locked up

i kno that this game worked on this sys cause it was on here and it ran like a dream...

its one of my favs but i dont ahve da $ to but full version(yet)

i have open gl 1.2.1 and am wondewring if the version of the demo i have could be an issue

i have the original beta i think that was released on a mac addict disc a year back

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by kmead:

[snip]CMBO and OS9.2 do not get along well together, I wouldn't suggest any OS above 9.1 and I run 9.04 on my 400mhz iMac and 8.6 on my Rev B.<hr></blockquote>

I swear I can't figure out why people say CMBO doesn't play well with 9.2... I've got 9.2.1 and the only thing I really ever experience is it "losing" the mouse (which might be a whole lot of things not related to the OS). And that only requires me to unplug/replug the mouse.

Anyway, I guess your mileage may vary.

I think the warnings on OS 9.2.1 may vary depending on what Mac you try to run it on, what other hardware you have and what software programs you're running. Some people have experienced problems upgrading to 9.2.1 (from 9.1, etc.) and playing CMBO. They could before the upgrade and now they can't afterwards.

The warning probably isn't true universally, but it isn't exactly known what in OS 9.2.1 has problems with certain apps and hardware.