No Install. Error extracting common.exe file

Ted

Yankeedog, what driver version are you running?

Can the other people that were getting errors during install please try and launch into Safe Mode and then run the install from there. I am very interested in seeing what you find.

Madmatt

[ December 17, 2003, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Matt -

I'm currently on driver version 4.2.5.8 for my GeForce 440 Go. As I mentioned, I was getting a good frame rate on the demo last week, and I updated the driver just about a day before I got the game sucessfully installed. As such, the driver would seem to be the most likely culprit. There were a couple of other minor Windows updates I installed at the same time, but nothing graphics related.

I'll roll back the driver sometime tonight or tomorrow and see if that fixes the problem. I'll post results here.

Cheers,

YD

Edited: Yep, it was the driver. Rolled back to 2.7.5.0 and now everything is smooth and crisp.

Using the old driver doesn't seem to have affected anything else, either. 'Course, CM is pretty much the only thing I have on my computer that requires 3D rendering. . .

[ December 17, 2003, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: YankeeDog ]

I tried loading in the Safe Mode and I get the same error in the same spot:

Error:

C:\Program files\Battlefront\Combat Mission Africa Korps\common.exe

An error occured while trying to copy a file:

The source file is corrupted.

Click retry abort…..etc”

Today I try the new Dell.