Infantry Transport

ClaytoniousRex

To use this new feature in 1.1.2, simply walk your squad up to the rear crew door of a friendly Paladin. Your squad will board the Paladin. When you're ready to disembark, use the "Special Action" key ('B' key by default). The Paladin must be stopped or moving very slowly in order for you to disembark.

If you're controlling a Paladin that a friendly squad has boarded, you can also use your own "Special Action" key to force them to disembark.

Well the Hermes is specificly mentioned as not being able to carry infantry in the fluff on the main page. I'm not sure why you would want to move infantry with something that has no business in close combat. As for the ATGM, well I can understand why they decided that it can not carry troops.

Hermes I can understand (but when isn't in close combat?) but I'm not too sure about the mortar and ATGM. The ATGM launcher, in particular, clearly fits on the tiny shrike and the paladin ATGM varient isn't carrying any usable extra ammunition. I have to ask - what is this "other use"? ;)

I guess the argument could be made that the rear-turret mounting removes the capability for transporting infantry, but still. These are just matters of infantry transporting for convienence, not fighting positions on the vehicle.

Originally posted by yurch:

Hermes I can understand (but when isn't in close combat?) but I'm not too sure about the mortar and ATGM. The ATGM launcher, in particular, clearly fits on the tiny shrike and the paladin ATGM varient isn't carrying any usable extra ammunition. I have to ask - what is this "other use"? ;)

I guess the argument could be made that the rear-turret mounting removes the capability for transporting infantry, but still. These are just matters of infantry transporting for convienence, not fighting positions on the vehicle.

Lol...I have yet to see a Hermes at a distance. I could only identify one if you showed me a picture of a gamey flag rush.