corrupted mods.

Does anyone know what to do about the following, if anything can be done.

A lot of times when I'm previewing a mod before I convert it, the picture is crossed by a rainbow of colored lines over the texture, completely corrupting part of the whole mod and thus making it utterly useless to me. Could this be the mod manager I'm using? the zipped files? what?

And before I get crucified, I did a search and it wasn't working so I'll just post it.

yeah. .but that's a pain in my ass, I think something's corrupting them on their way to my hard drive from wherever they're coming from. . .and by the way, thank you everybody for your timely and large number of posts in regards to this problem. . .really.

What platform are you running on PC or Mac ? I assume that you're speaking of a Mac when you mention that you are converting the mod. What program are you using when you decompress the file ? Does this happen to every mod you've downloaded or only to certain mods or ones from certain sites ? What browser are you using to download with ? Do you get any error messages from you decompression program when it opens up the zipped mods ?

finally...ok, I'm running on a mac, I use the MacMod manager program, I never get any suspicious messages as far as downloading and decompressing the zip files. My problem is when I open the MacMod mgr, the above stated happens in the preview window before conversion, and it doesn't happen to all, but now that I think about it, some I've tried to download numerous times months apart and the same bmp's were corrupted. Now I'm beginning to think I should update my mod manager. You think?

The Mac Mod Manager is up to version 1.5:

CMHQ:

http://www.combatmission.com/mods/macmodmanagers.asp

I'm not sure if it will clear up the problem that you're seeing. I saw it once on a PC and just assumed that something was corrupt about the bitmaps that had been zipped.

If you could post the links or mention exactly where you're getting these mods I can check them (on a PC) and see if they're coming up as corrupt for me or not.

The last ones to do this I can remember were from Combat Missions: Pershing,Sherman Pack(only a couple were corrupted but it screwed the whole thing), that's all I can remember.

I wouldn't think they were corrupted on the site, I've gotten stellar mods there before and I get a ****load of scenarios, plus a lot of people go there, and I've never heard of this problem.

I wouldn't suspect that those mods are corrupted either since there hasn't been any complaints to my knowledge (I can't recall whose Sherman mod I'm actually using myself). Have you examined the bitmaps in an editor to see if they appear that way after extracting them ? You may want to update or reinstall your extraction program too, just in case there is something strange going on with it.

Ok, check it out, I got the v1.5 of the mod manager, but now the new one doesn't even recognize the bmp's in the folder. I'm now in the middle of figuring that mess out, and since I revamped my whole cm files, new mod manager, cleaned out scenarios, reset data folder, now I can't even play because the damn mod manager doesn't even see the bmps and sounds. UGGGHHHHH, i can't play with the textures that come with the game, it's just one thing after another this week.