Bolos & Ogres?

tshare

Are there any plans for adding more powerful units along the lines of Laumer & Weber’s Bolos or Steve Jackson Games’ Ogre & GEV? Having recently read Weber’s “Bolo!”, it seems that Drop Ship fits the battles depicted very well. Thanks

[ May 24, 2006, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: tshare ]

Yes, we have the basics in place for a game option called "OGRE" which puts one player on a team by himself against everyone else on the other team. The single player only has a single unit available: a massive, powerful Mu Arae tank.

We weren't able to finish this feature in time for the intial 1.0.0 release, but it will be added shortly after infantry.

Ogres are uneffected by Biological or Chemical attacks. Ogres need not make a confidence check if nuclear weapons are used. A direct hit on an Ogre by a nuclear weapon attacks all weapons at Power Die d12, Impact Die d12, but does not automatically kill the Ogre.

I actually first played the computer ver of OGRE on my apple IIc. One of the first games I ever played. Was playing CAR WARS pen & paper at the time.

Do you guys have some kind of deal with Steve Jackson Games? Or are they defunct?

[ June 03, 2006, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Caseck ]

Originally posted by Caseck:

I actually first played the computer ver of OGRE on my apple IIc. One of the first games I ever played. Was playing CAR WARS pen & paper at the time.

Do you guys have some kind of deal with Steve Jackson Games? Or are they defunct?

Steve Jackson Games is still around, still publishing Ogre material too!

Steve Jackson Games

I remember playing OGRE and MELEE to destruction with my high school buddies during lunch breaks.

The Metagaming/SJ Games Microgames were and are great fun and inexpensive too!

Anyone played Star Viking? A mini-game published by Dwarfstar.

You had a declining Federation and the Star Vikings.

As a Star Viking you got to smash up local space and ground forces in your lone heavy cruiser.

Occasionally a Fed Frigate may pop up - but you always had to be wary of a lurking Fed Battlecruiser that could ruin your day.

The Feddie usually won out on points - but the Viking player didn't really much care - he simply had loads of fun blowing stuff up instead.