Wierd purple textures in CMBB.

I use a Mac G4 Tower with a Nvidia Geforce 2 graphics card. I have problems with messed up textures in CMBB for most Axis troops and vehicles as well as for their 'contact lost' markers and any Axis held flags.

The textures are a scrambled mess of mostly blue and purple. The game is still playable, but the Allies spend half their time fighting against strange purple blobs! Does anyone else have this problem?

I have a similar problem, the majority of the map including the interface is missing textures. The missing textures look white. Tree for example don't retain their normal shape and instead are rather large squares that stick up from the ground which is usually white as well.

This happends the majority of the time I start CMBB, not always.

I have the same problem (had it on the Demo too and just thought it was a demo problem).

I have a QS 733, OS 9.2.2 (and OS 10.1.5) with the stock GeForce 2 MX. Deleting the Classic Rave didn't do anything for me (note I didn't need to do this to run CMBO).

Madmatt, in an earlier thread, mentioned there's a known bug about crew textures that will be fixed in patch 1.01. Hopefully that fixes the whole issue.

Interestingly, the screw up of the textures is not consistently the same. I've reloaded the same scenario several times and each time the screw up is slightly different. For what it's worth.

[ October 21, 2002, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Tim Doerr ]

This was an interesting twist so I thought I'd post it. First time the textures are actually recognizable as something specific. It's almost as if the real textures aren't there so it's grabbing whatever it can find. I really hope this gets fixed because the details on the Russian vehicles are very nice and it's a shame not to have the German counterparts.

picture.jpg

Which Nvidia driver are you using?

Check with version tracker to find the latest.

http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=13906&db=mac

How is your hard drive partitioned.

I've got a 9.2.2- 10 gigs ( One OS)

I've got mac os x (which I never use) -30 gigs

( two OS's on that pup, one is 10 and the other is 9 for classic but I've never booted up classic before.

I also have a swap partition for mac os 10.

All I can say is pay close attention to where and which OS you are booting off. If you are using your classic system folder to boot up 9, you will have problems. Make a fresh partition and install just the 9 operating system.

This could help.

My specs:

iMac G4 800 mhz

512 mb Ram

60 Gig drive

Nvidia (stock) 32 mbeez

[ October 30, 2002, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Hoopenfaust 101 ]

Well now I feel really foolish. Foolish for believing Apple had the latest drivers. They used to be v2.6. Thanks to your link, they're now 3.0 and everything works just fine. Thanks Hoopenfaust!

BTW, I have never partitioned my drive, have a second OS 9 folder nor deleted the Classic Rave and CMBO (and now CMBB) have worked just fine.

Thanks again.

Tim