The "Thing"

Affe Hans

It's the casing that's left out of the propellant charge. It can fly out up to 20 meters from the tank. In the game however, it's ejected at the wrong time. It should be ejected during reloading, not firing.

Thanks for that information. And we have the next fix for a patch.Yeah, I mean it absolutely serious. smile.gif

It's a sim not a game. :D

And my last question, where in real life is jumping the casing out? ;)

[ August 02, 2005, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Affe Hans ]

Originally posted by Blackmuzzle:

Hmm, don'cha love the combustible shell casing of the Abrams' cannon?

(Yeah I know, the bottom plate still remains and is ejected as well)

Shame on the russian developers for ejecting the case too soon. The game is ruined for me now ;)

The Russian case is semi-combustible too, IIRC.

Originally posted by GunzAbeam:

It sounds like he is asking if in real life does the spent shell really eject out of the top of the turrent as it does in the game.

Oh... Yes it does, if you look at this photo you can see the stub ejecting hatch marked with black&yellow stripes.

Diesel,

Thats not from a 120mm round is it? That looks way too big to be from a 120mm or 125mm round for that matter. That thing looks almost as big around as a trash can. I used to have a practice sabot round (dart and sabot) and your pic looks too big in relation to your keyboard, desk and books to be 120mm casing...or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Originally posted by gunnersman:

That looks way too big to be from a 120mm or 125mm round for that matter....or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

No they are not. You have to remember that 125mm cannons use 2 part ammo. The propellant charge for 125mm rounds is not 12.5cm in diameter, but 15,8cm.

Originally posted by Diesel:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gunnersman:

That looks way too big to be from a 120mm or 125mm round for that matter....or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

No they are not. You have to remember that 125mm cannons use 2 part ammo. The propellant charge for 125mm rounds is not 12.5cm in diameter, but 15,8cm. </font>