In Demo where is the enemy tank hid and NO deformable landscape?

Benito

I ran the powerplant demo a few times and never once saw the enemy tank...where is it hid?

Also, when I fire rounds into the dirt I do not see any deformable landscapes shapping up. Can you cause landscape to deform in the demo...not in mine?

Also, will the damage models and graphics be improved in latter patches and add-ons? I do not like the way buildings and other objects are destroyed, and overall graphics need improved through out the game.

Anyone else like me...using the demo or full game now just for practice so when multi-play comes we will be ready to dish out some real pain?

THX

Yeah i dont like how the buildings destroy and how suddenly you can loose your tread for no apparent reason... (granted i drive like a crazy s.o.b. so lol maybe jumping a 40 ton tank isnt a good idea? lol)

But overall the graphics for the ammount of PHYSICS involved in trajectories etc can be understandable... people need to realize what else the CPU is doing besides processing the eye candy!!

And using the shovel thing to dig out positions it makes the terrain blob and do weird things... and it wont dig after a while in the same spot... any tips on how to use that or is deformable terrain messed up in the demo?

Benito, make sure that you download and install the demo hotfix that is in the post near the top of the page.

The original demo files contained a bug that meant the Leopard didn't move from its start position and did not fire. You can find him on the hill opposite your start position (on the road).

You'll quickly notice that he's out there with the fix, though ;)

As for the deformable landscape, fire off a HE round (the "O" ammo) into the ground. It will definitely deform the terrain smile.gif

Originally posted by aphelion79:

Yeah i dont like how the buildings destroy and how suddenly you can loose your tread for no apparent reason... (granted i drive like a crazy s.o.b. so lol maybe jumping a 40 ton tank isnt a good idea? lol)

The only time the track throws bother me is when I go over a little concrete bump (near the power plant, for instance) and it breaks. Trying to go over the big rocks out there I can understand, but those little concrete rises seem a little overboard. No idea if I'm right though smile.gif

But overall the graphics for the ammount of PHYSICS involved in trajectories etc can be understandable... people need to realize what else the CPU is doing besides processing the eye candy!!
Not to mention the distances involved. You can see a long way in T-72. I actually really like the graphics. I don't care about the "beauty" of the building textures nearly as much as the great smoke and dust effects, since those really affect whether you can see your target!

Why would you claim that WWIIOL has more extreme viewing distances? One of the major things I remember from that game were people popping in and out during, for instance, air combat.

Are ground view ranges greater than 2k?

The other huge annoyance was the 64 entity on-screen limit. Nothing like getting killed by something that wasn't visually on your screen because 64 other people/vehicles were :-p

[Edit]

To be fair, when I first started playing and for a good time after, it was a lot of fun. But I don't think it was worth a monthly fee. Plus the fight was always predictable while I was playing. The Axis forces always had more players, thus meaning it was often simply an exercise in slowly losing if you played Allied.

Originally posted by Denwad:

.....of course it's graphics engine is from 1998

Not any more it isn't.

The graphics have been drastically updated since release. The latest 1.19 patch improved the graphics even more. smile.gif

Cameroon, you haven't played WWIIOL in a while have you?

WWIIOL...There is suppose to be a new expansion this next month? Also, in the expansion are be be included the Italians and the N.Africa threater. Lets not forget MUCH better graphics are incomming with the expansion.

I will start playing WWIIOL again once the expansion is released.

Also, I am really looking forward to buying Balkans. For we were told that a new add-on for Balkans will be released later this summer which will include at least one more playerable tank and multiplayer function...along with other goodies I am sure :D

Originally posted by Benito:

WWIIOL...There is suppose to be a new expansion this next month? Also, in the expansion are be be included the Italians and the N.Africa threater. Lets not forget MUCH better graphics are incomming with the expansion.

I will start playing WWIIOL again once the expansion is released.

Also, I am really looking forward to buying Balkans. For we were told that a new add-on for Balkans will be released later this summer which will include at least one more playerable tank and multiplayer function...along with other goodies I am sure :D

Any ideas what the new playable tank will be?