Zoom factors in Gunners positions

Does anyone else think that there needs to be some improvement in the views from the main and anti-aircraft gun sights? They seem to be way to zoomed in at the default setting, and the mouse wheel and +- keys are too slow to zoom in and out. The default view needs to be have less magnification and there needs to be a quick way to click between zoom levels. What's everybody else think?

MD

If I recall correctly what I read, I believe the real T-72 uses a GPS with a fixed x8 magnification. I just zoom it in until the stadimeter lines are about 3/8" from the edges of the sight FOV and leave it like that for the rest of the game. Haven't got a clue how close to being right that is...

if you played the russian version you would be lucky with this zoom lvl smile.gif

in the russian demo the AAmg got a 0x magnification. it was more worse than this high magnification.

but the commanders view could get a 2x or 3x magnification. this would help with spotting smile.gif

Pandur

Agree with Mad Dog about zoom levels and speed.

It's very hard to acquire targets in a hurry and I've been killed numerous times while I was frantically trying to aim the gun at a threat, but simply failed to acquire it before being hit myself.

If the zoom speed could at least be increased, that would be a help, but would really prefer some fixed magnifications that you could quickly shift between.

Likewise in the commander's position; would like an unzoomed view from here (besides the zoomed-in options). Seem to recall reading somewhere in this forum that there is a way to get this, but can't remember how.

Cheers,

Erling