Noticed a few things with demo

Shane05

Hey all again.. heh.. Ok.. I've been playing the russian release demo.. and I do realize you guys don't support it.. which is fine, but i've noticed a few things in the game play that I was wondering if you've changed for the english release.. hehe..

Ok.. Issue 1> Submerging your tank doesn't kill it or your crew.. I was playing the demo with the T-72 where you hafta stop the T-55, MTLB before they hit the bridge, then kill a couple leopards.. Well.. I killed everything and decided to have some fun.. But I kinda ended up in the river.. Under the river in fact.. The engine stalled out.. but I figured, what the heck, I'll try starting it.. And guess what.. It started.. I was able to drive out of the river.. Dispite being completly under water.. Seemed odd.. I now have a new tactic! (PS, it did stall a couple more times.. but just hold down the E key and the engine stayed running)

Issue 2> Ok, this is more of a so what kind of thing.. When you blow the tracks off a vehicle.. It should be easier to push with another tank. Not harder. I got bored, so I decided to build a pile of dead tanks.. Blew the track off a T-55 and figured it should be easier to push.. Hell no! It was easier to push it from the side and roll (yes I rolled the tank like a big wheel) to where I wanted it. This seemed odd.. But highly amusing.

Issue 3> Reloading in general.. Ok.. I do understand that you don't have an unlimited supply of ammuntion (I'm a Tanker to be honest, so I'm very familier with the ammo part. heh) but when I do the math, the loadout on the tanks just doesn't seem right.

This is a copy from Janes

"Of 39 rounds of ammunition carried, 12 are APFSDS-T, 21 HE-FRAG(FS) and the remaining six HEAT-FS. The additional rounds of ammunition are stowed in racks behind the turret basket and in indentations in the rear floor fuel cell and second forward right cell near the driver. The carousel automatic loader is mounted on the turret floor and also on the rear wall of the turret. The projectile is loaded in the lower half of a carrier, the cartridge and propellant in the upper half. The carousel carries 24 ready use projectiles. When the 125 mm gun loads it must pick up the carrier and ram both the projectile and powder charge. This enables a rate of fire of 8 rds/min to be achieved. The main 125 mm armament is stabilised and enables the T-72 to shoot on the move with a high probability of a first-round hit."

Total loadout for the T-72 is normally given as 45 rounds, with 39 normal rounds, and 6 ATGM. This is a far cry from whats given in the game.

Also according to Janes, FAS, and a few others, the CO-AX has 2000 rounds.. Not the couple hundred given in the game..

So.. my question.. Where did the extra ammo go? lol. And also, are we able to dictate ammo load outs according to mission type? If I'm going to face mostly tanks, I'd take more APFSDS (Sabot) than I would HEAT or HE-FRAG.

Ok.. thats the main ones I noticed.. And I figured I'd ask about them. hehe..

Shane, I really cannot comment much on what you saw with the Russian demo. I never played it, but sure do not see the issues you describe in the english release version. I tired submerging the T72 fully and the crew promptly exited. I didn't try pushing other tanks around specifically like you did, but so far the modelling of that seemed pretty good to me from what I have seen from regular play. The ammo... the MG seems to have around 500 bullets (going from memory here). Also, you can adjust the ammo loadouts in the editor if you're no happy with what you're given.

Martin

Originally posted by Shane05:

Total loadout for the T-72 is normally given as 45 rounds, with 39 normal rounds, and 6 ATGM. This is a far cry from whats given in the game.

Also according to Janes, FAS, and a few others, the CO-AX has 2000 rounds.. Not the couple hundred given in the game..

Janes has ammo types mixed, the basic loadout is 6 APFSDS and 12 HEAT rounds, not the other way around. The coax rounds are stored in eight 250 round ammo boxes so maybe the game tries to simulate that and they are reloaded after you wait a while. That should disable the TC AI though as he will be doing the reloading.