Modability of the game

Txema

How about the modability of the game? You know, for the obvious WWII time period. It'd be great to control, for example, a Tiger or Stug on the Eastern Front.(Panzer Elite fans?)

Yeeees !!!!

Is it possible (and easy) to mod the game to simulate WWII battles???

Looking forward to a "yes" answer !!!

Txema

No, its not really modable as such. I am not even sure if you can customize the various textures of tanks for example, but I will find out for you.

Oddly enough, this is the first time this had been asked...

Remember, that the original Russian release of this game didn't even have a map/mission/ai script/building editor. We got the dev's to add that as a bonus feature of the US release so obviously, for the dev's at least, modability was not meant as a core design feature.

Madmatt

Oh, let me hasten to add, that the engine isn't easily modable for YOU guys... That's not to say that we don't already have some exciting plans for it... ;)

Of course, we have already stated a planed add-on for later this year with new maps, missions and at least one new playable tank featured...

Madmatt

That's great to hear Matt. I'd be willing to pay easily $20-30 for a WWII version/x-pack. I think most would around here.

Is it just me, or is it obvious that there's a glaring hole in pc games, WWII tank sims. The market has changed alot since the Panzer Elite day's. There's money to be made here now, the market is ripe.

Just take a look at all those BF42 mods(BG42,FH, XWWII), there's amazing detail in the tanks, a primary focus of the mods. I don't play as much as i use to, but it seems that most people just want to play with the tanks mostly.

Or how about the inclusion of tanks in the very popular CoD x-pack United Offensive, it's a major part of the x-pack. Apparently, tanks will be a much bigger part of the sequel then they were in the original CoD. But overall, it's way too arcadish for my tastes. Which brings me to my next point.

Imagine a WWII tank sim with the scope, detail, and most importantly, realism scale ability, much like that of a IL2 or SH3. So you'll get both the arcade-like and the hardcore sim tanker crowds.

Or is it me?

[ June 09, 2005, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: MeatEtr ]

Me too!!!

The chance to drive a Panther into battle at Kursk...and come out still alive no less!

Or how about a campaign? Battle of the Bulge. In Peipers command.

Or speeding across the desert in a Cromwell to face the panzers at Tobruk.

A whole frickin' endless slew of battles to fight in. Then add multiplayer ability...up to hundreds...Battlefront would rule.