How will multiplayer work?

Not as such. Basically there are missions which are meant to be played as multiplayer battles and people can decide to be on one side or the other and fight against one another.

Within each team, you can either crew a tank by yourself (with the AI of course) or you can even multi-crew a tank. One guy could be the driver, one could be the gunner and one could be the TC.

If you die, or your tank is destroyed, it's game over for you but everyone else plays on.

The multiplayer, to me, played much like how it was done in Steel Beasts.

Madmatt

To add to what Matt said, you can co-op on any of the stock and custom missions, or you can play against each other. The goals for each mission remain the same, both in single and multiplayer (LAN). With the editor, you can of course make your own missions, and script any goals/events/AI that you'd like to have. In other words, you're not stuck to a pre-defined Capture the Flag or any other such format.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

To add to what Matt said, you can co-op on any of the stock and custom missions, or you can play against each other. The goals for each mission remain the same, both in single and multiplayer (LAN). With the editor, you can of course make your own missions, and script any goals/events/AI that you'd like to have. In other words, you're not stuck to a pre-defined Capture the Flag or any other such format.

Martin

I am confused, in another post someone mentioned you are working on multiplayer addon and the game doesnt have multiplayer yet this post confuses me. Is there way to play over TCP at all even if its not pure lan but if me and my friend are on same ISP few miles apart?

Does lan use TCP though? meaning if we are on same subnet(technically lan) even if its large ISP pool, would it work? The limitation for LAN is due to current bandwith limitations?

In any case, I read in another post you are working on expansion to add net play correct?