No Multiplayer

MeatEtr

Just read this from over at Blue's News:

Battlefront.com and IDDK/Crazy House also disclosed today, that the work on a multiplayer add-on is already underway. The add-on is planned to include full online multiplayer support (the current release allows for single player and LAN only) for up to eight players as well as 20 completely new maps. At least one new playable tank is planned as well! The add-on is expected to be ready for release at the end of the year.
I don't know how the rest of you feel about this but i don't like it. Half the reason i was gonna purchase this game was to play against some buddies online. I'm so bummed right now, oh well, now we gotta wait til the end of the year for mp and will proabably have to pay extra for it. I hope the sp campaign is gonna be big. :(

But i guess it is good to hear that they will continue working on the game after it's release.

This is the reason why we reduced the price of the game to only $35 (from our regular full price of $45). We really tried to get it to work, but it simply takes time, because large parts of the original game need to be recoded first. The alternative would have been to not release the english version at all until later this year, and I guess you'll agree that we have chosen the better option for all involved smile.gif

You can still play via LAN, by the way, and yes, the SP campaign is big, plus you get a VERY powerful editor for endless replayability (with a ton of options even for AI, goal and event scripting, allowing you to make even new campaigns if you like)...

Martin

Fair enough, thanks for the response Martin, certainly clears things up. Sorry to hear you guys couldn't get the mp working for the release. Yeah i agree, better to release now a cheaper non-online-mp version rather then wait until the end of the year. That's great to hear about the editor, looking foward to tinkering with it.

Btw, although this could probably use it's own thread, how about the modability of the game? You know, for the obvious WWII time period. It'd be great to control, for example, a Tiger or Stug on the Eastern Front.(Panzer Elite fans?) ;)