What to replace first - Video Card, memory or Processor?

I am running a Pentium III 500 Mhz machine, 64 MB of SDRAM with an 8MB nVIDIA VIANTA 4D AGP graphics accelerator card (yeah, I know it sounds like a Dell commercial, sorry, I am simply copying off the disk drive door sticker)

My question is - I am running all lo-res mods in an attempt to keep the movies watchable, but during the large size battles, I can't see any movement at all during the movies, just a lot of noise and freezed action until 60 seconds go by.

What is more likely to give me the horsepower I need to watch the large scale battles - more memory, bigger processor, or better video card?

I need to upgrade the video card to at least 16 in order to play OPERATION FLASHPOINT, so if that is the solution, so much the better. I realize 500 Mhz is not much these days either (my laptop runs at 800!) but in the end I have no clue what really drives the combat mission playback...

Any tips for the hardware illiterate?

Get more ram Mike, XP sucks it up. I'd say 512. And it's fairly cheap anyway.

If you want us to go over the specs, list the components here and we'll make sure you're not getting any duds smile.gif

And be a gent, throw a bit more ram in your mum's machine! Get windows running at least okish then ;)

PeterNZ

(happy owner of a new Athalon XP 1800, Asus a7v266-E, Ge Force 3 Ti480 64mb, 512mb crucial DDR. mmmm yummy)