Why aren't MY graphics that cool lookin'?!

JCush

I was watching the CM intro movie, and noticed that there are several differences between it and the actual scenarios I play.

Muzzle flashes from guns are clear on the movie, but solid white when I play. Smoke is much smoother looking. And the walls of buildings are translucent instead of removed entirely.

What is it about my computer that limits the depth of the graphics? I have a Mac G3 running at 233 MHz, with an ATY, mach64_3DU Pro display card. My friends iMac DV+ SE looks more like the movie does, and I'm jealous!

I'm not sure of the capabilities of your video chip on the Mac, so these features that you're seeing in the movie may be unobtainable with your current video chip. You may also want to check that you have the latest ATI drivers from Apple or ATI. OS 9.0.4/9.1 should have the latest drivers for your particular video chip.

The features that you're seeing in the video are toggle-able in CM. Shift-O will toggle the building transparency on or off (on will show the transparent walls). Shift-I will toggle between the display settings for smoke, with High Quality being the one for the smoke you see in the movie.