W2000 and TNT2 card

I have a Diamond 770 (nvidia TNT2 chip) and I updated to windows 2000. I downloaded the latest nvidia drivers for win 2000 and i have this problem:

Text on unit labels (you know indications "ready, tired, pinned etc.) is flikering and the after action report is a black screen.

Nevertheless, the map and the units look fine.

Anyone had same problem?

Any solutions? :eek:

Since the TNT2's don't have FSAA capabilities, that wouldn't be the issue here. However NVidia cards do have a particular problem in Windows 2000 with the default 2D screens supplied with CMBO (white becomes mostly transparent). Using an interface mod like DeanCo's alleviates the problem somewhat since it minimizes the colors that experience this problem.

The only solution that I'm aware of at this point is to 'ESC' to the desktop and re-maximize CM. This should make the corruption go away (temporarily at least). If this problem really annoys you and you don't play any other 3D games, then you may want to try the 3.68 or 3.78 (?) drivers from NVidia, which apparently don't suffer this problem. You can get them here:

Dayton's Misc. (scroll down to 'GeForce Win2K Drivers' and select the 3.78 or the 3.84 driver):

http://www.daytonsmisc.com/files.htm

I'm not sure what kind of compatibility issues you may run into by running these particular drivers. They should work with your Diamond videocard as far as I know. Some other DirectX or OpenGL games may suffer compatibility issues since these drivers are significantly older than what you may currently be running.

[ 09-03-2001: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]