Installing CDV 1.03

Hi,

I downloaded and installed CDV 1.03 and it appeared to install correctly.

However, when I start the game, the version shown on the main screen is still 1.02 (and the game still runs fine).

I've restarted my machine, reinstalled 1.03 etc but it still shows 1.02.

Is there another way of checking the installed version?

Cheers,

Meself

Hello Hinkar,

I upgraded my CDV version of the game to 1.03 with no problems.

This is pretty obvious and I'm sure you've checked it, but all I can think of is that it's not being installed into the correct folder.

At least we can console ourselves with the fact we'll be able to purchase CMAK direct from Battlefront.

Teddy

Cheers Teddy,

False alarm. Starting CMBB from desktop starts 1.02, and starting it from the directory starts 1.03. A bit odd.

Aye, I'll be getting CMAK from Battlefront for its nice small patches, that's for sure. Downloading that earlier 68 Meg CMBB patch over my wonky connection would've tried the patience of a saint...

Sounds like you might have renamed your original .exe file which is why you get 1.02 with your desktop shortcut.

Do you see two Combat Mission stlye .exe files in your game folder? The v1.03 version is called CombatMission2.exe and has a file date of 5/21/2003. Make a desktop shortcut to that file and that should launch 1.03.

Madmatt