Map Editor

I have a problem with viewing a map I have created in the scenario editor. After making a map, when I wish to preview it, all I get is a white screen. I can see the borders and maybe one or two units. There is no problem when I plan a game using either one of my created maps or one included with the game. Everything there is OK. It is only when viewing a map I have made that there is this problem. I have tried already to disable fog, tree and to limit the horizon. Nothing works.

Can you help

I have a PC. Yes I am using version 1.12. I don't remember what video card I have. It is a few years old and not that great. The video card works with the regular part of the game though. When I try to view ANY map using the map editor I have this problem. Thanks for responding.

I don't know why the code for viewing the map in Preview mode would be any different from viewing the map in-game.

Since problems like this are rare, I'd suggest upgrading your video drivers to see if that had any effect on the problem. You will have to identify your card/video chip however before doing that. The only other suggestion would be to reapply the 1.12 patch again and make sure that it replaces your current executable (delete the old one beforehand if you have to). To be honest if there was a problem with the executable you probably have problems running CM at all.

I had that problem before I upgraded my video card. My old one was only a 4mb card. I could not preview any maps in the editor without getting the white screen. If this is the case, then the only fix is to upgrade to at least 8mb, and preferably more (I upgraded to a 32mb card, and have no problems anymore).

Also, with the 4mb card, I could not get any color variations in target/command/move lines. All I could get is a light blue line, no matter what command I gave.

------------------

"No matter where you go, there you are"