Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMBB Bug, or just me?

Tim S

In the Partisan scenario e.g., if I alter my chosen route, by dragging the guideline(s), of (Axis) transport at the beginning of my turn, no problem. But...if I save my game sometime during my turn using Alt-Q, restart CMBB and open the "saved game" (which brings me back to the beginning of the turn I saved) then, if I alter the route the game freezes instantly requiring a full reset.

Didn't realize this part of the forum was for in use for CMBB as well!

Windows XP Pro Athlon 1200 Plenty of everything else!

Here’s the deal. In the Partisan scenario I thought I would find away through the wooded areas and avoid the road. There is what looks to be a kind of zigzag path in the woods in the upper part of the screen close to the Axis start off point. On turn one, having moved everything to the upper part of the green box in preparation for the mad dash, I moved all my vehicles though the woods, bypassing the village altogether trying to set myself up on the highgound overlooking the village down on the left.

The waypoints have to be set just right through the woods as I assume the path there is very narrow. I took a lot of time making sure the waypoints were clear of (red Line) wooded areas. I know the path does go through because one of my vehicles did acaually make it on one of my attempts.

Anyway during turn 2 the first PSW 222 just stopped right in the middle of the zigzag jamming everything up! I assumed that it’s waypoint had infact overlapped a non passable treed area. I decided to do an Alt-Q Auto Save knowing that I would be returned to the start of turn 2 and therefore have a second shot at adjusting it’s waypoint. Unfortunately it was not to be, moving the waypoint after a restart using Auto Save resulted in an instant computer freeze on “Go”.

So far this is the only scenario (and at this tight area within this particular scenario) that this happens.

Could it be that there really is no way through after all? But a crash because of that?