Why is CMBO running in 60 Hz. ?

You need to delete the Prefs file and reselect your resolution (and refresh rate) when you launch CMBO again. The Prefs file is C:\PROGRAM FILES\CMBO\Combat Mission Byd Ovr Prefs.

During the resolution selection process your current desktop resolution at the highest refresh rate available should be the first thing offered. After that subsequently lower refresh rates at that same resolution should be offered until after 60Hz, the next resolution lower is offered at its highest supported refresh rate.

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

You need to delete the Prefs file and reselect your resolution (and refresh rate) when you launch CMBO again. The Prefs file is C:\PROGRAM FILES\CMBO\Combat Mission Byd Ovr Prefs.

During the resolution selection process your current desktop resolution at the highest refresh rate available should be the first thing offered. After that subsequently lower refresh rates at that same resolution should be offered until after 60Hz, the next resolution lower is offered at its highest supported refresh rate.

First, Thanks for your help, very much appreciated.

I´ve deleted the CMBO-prefs file. But when the selection process started, it´s always 60 Hz in every resolution. There is no choice to go to a higher refresh rate.

I´m running a Geforce 3 Ti 200 with the 28.32 driver. As stated before every other game runs just fine in 85 Hz. . :eek:

Then something is wrong with your drivers or monitor definition. CMBO is reading the available resolutions and refresh rates from DirectX related settings. I've heard of such problems with Nvidia drivers under Windows 2000 & XP, but not with Win98SE or WinME.

Perhaps you need to remove your video drivers. Reinstall DirectX 8.1 and then reinstall your video drivers. The details on doing this can be found in the last post of this thread.

[ May 22, 2002, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

Perhaps you need to remove your video drivers. Reinstall DirectX 8.1 and then reinstall your video drivers. The details on doing this can be found in the last post of this thread.

Thanks a lot, Schrullenhaft. That does the trick.

I´ve installed DirectX 8.1 lately and that somehow porked the settings.

After reinstalling the nvidia drivers everything

is allright again.

Many thanks. :D