ATI Catalyst 3.2 is no improvement

The 3.2's are out, and I see no change/improvement on my 9700 Pro. FSAA is still broke in CM and BF1942, wierd textures in IL-2 FB, and no performance gain that I can see.

They do have lots of fixes for other games though. Read the release notes here .

Harv

There have been reports of people in the UK getting their copies of FB, but they might have ordered from the US or Canada.

Btw Phil, I'm still trying to get ahold of a Toshiba laptop to play with. Hopefully it will be soon.

Apparently the Cat 3.3's due in 4-6 weeks are supposed to have huge performance increases for some cards. I would recommend everyone with an ATI card to e-mail them and inform them that they might want to squash a bug or two first.

Harv

You have to disable Smoothvision for CMBB? As long as you're running the Rage3D tweak program in the background with Z-mask disabled, CMBB runs beautifully with 4X 'Quality' AA (Smoothvision) enabled. Incidentally it runs faster at 4X than 2X. Don't ask me why :confused:

This topic is of great concern to me.

Im considering purchasing a 97000pro to improve my CMBB experience. From what I gather here, some people are not having luck with FSAA, yet some others have? WHat do I need to do to make sure my CMBB looks/runs the best? DO i need any external progs? Thanks