Can someone pls explain this...?

Lt Bull

A 1v1 fight.

All at neutral positons.

My Leader's turn, his hand includes 2 manuever cards and a 1:2 IMS.

I target the enemy Wingman.

I play 1 manuever card....no response, still no shot at the Wingman.

I play the second manuever card...again no response, but I still can't play my 1:2 IMS card.

Whaddup?

My opponent next attacks my Leader, downs him with a 2: Destyroyed and kills the pilot (one of my best). Not happy! :mad:

This has happened MANY times before where i have played manuever cards against a Wingamn so I think I have got the my understanding of the rules mucked up somehow.

I thought that you need to play manuever cards on Wingmen with your Leader to be able to increase your burts so you can play IMS or OOTS

What do I have to do to get a shot in on an enemy Wingman with my Leader?

[ October 12, 2007, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Lt Bull ]

OK. Let me reask the question.

All things being equal (all vanilla skills (ie. no skills), no +1/-1 aircraft bonuses etc), in a 1v1 matchup at a Neutral standing at Medium altitude, does a Leader need to play more Manuever cards if he targets the enemy Wingamn than if he decides to target the enemy Leader? (assume the enemey Wingman and Leader have no cards to counter the Manuever cards).

In other words, is there something more difficult in that situation for a Leader trying to get in position to get a few bursts in on a Wingamn than on the Leader?

[ October 14, 2007, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: Lt Bull ]

So I would be right in saying that the answer to my question is:

"No, it makes no difference if your Leader decides to target the enemy Leader or enemy Wingman in that situation. His Bursts at Neutral will be 0, a successful Manuver card vs either the Leader or the Wingman will increase it to 1, and two successful manuver cards vs either the Leader or the Wingman will raise it to 3."

Originally posted by Lt Bull:

So I would be right in saying that the answer to my question is:

"No, it makes no difference if your Leader decides to target the enemy Leader or enemy Wingman in that situation. His Bursts at Neutral will be 0, a successful Manuver card vs either the Leader or the Wingman will increase it to 1, and two successful manuver cards vs either the Leader or the Wingman will raise it to 3."

Playing two Maneuver cards against a Wingman will give you +2 to your available bursts, but if you played those same cards against the Leader you would get a +3 to your available bursts (assuming you started Neutral).

Each Maneuver card played against a Wingman simply adds +1 to your available bursts, while playing them against the Leader improves your relative position by one.