ATI and Fog...

A friend of mine was asking me about the lack of fog in CMBO, and after reading the forums I understand why.

Just wondered if anyone has tried using RadLinker found here http://www28.brinkster.com/chrisww1942/

as it contains a settings screens that allows you to enable various types of fog for DirectX that are disabled by default in the ATI drivers.

I don't own a copy of the game so cannot try this. Would anyone else care to try and post results?

I haven't used that particular program, but I can assure you that it won't magically enable table/particle fog under DirectX for ATI drivers. While it adds/enables certain registry settings for this, the code just doesn't seem to be present within the drivers (the DirectX ones) to actually render table/particle fog effects.

So for the CMx1 series there will be no fog on ATI videocards on the PC (it does however work for the Mac). For CMx2, which will most likely be written in the OpenGL API, there should be fog effects available for ATI videocards.

I haven't used this program, so I'm not sure of the exact settings it offers. Right-click on the Radlink'ed shortcut and go to Properties. In here go to the Options tab and under DirectX look for something that may mention 'Table Fog', 'W Fog' or 'Z fog'. There are potentially other names for this, but these would typically be the settings as ATI has named them in the past.