Target Pilot Skill

Checkmate King 2

Yes, because if you dogfight other human opponents, it's not fair to only spend 100xp and be able to consistently score a kill (as opposed to just shooting down) their hard-earned pilots.

If Target pilot were permanent, it would be on a sliding scale like all the other permanent skills. So, the more skills you have, the more expensive it would be.

The skills list is misleading because the Target Pilot skill is not really expendable, but it is not exactly permanent either.

When you use the Target Pilot skill, it does not get expended and go away to be repurchased. However, unlike other "permanent" skills, it does not increase in cost (or cause other permanent skills to increase in cost) when you purchase it. It is always 100 XP each time you buy it.

Of all the skills, it is probably the most controversial because players hate losing their pilots.

It's a skill I wouldn't mind seeing taken away all together. I just this weekend lost one of the few pilots I still had from when I first got the game when it came out fall 2005 - lost to a bot pilot that had 3 x target pilot skill! :(

When this game first came out your could purchase the IMS2: destroyed card and now you can't. While it's nice to still be able to purchase the ace card, I think that should not be able to be purchased either but it's no biggie one way or the other.

[ December 19, 2006, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Baron von Beergut ]