Battle of Britain Campaign Travesty

TimVD

Hello All,

First of all, let me say that I love the Down In Flames card game and I'm really trying to like this PC version. For me, the campaigns are the main attraction to both versions of the game but I'm very dissapointed with how some of them play out. The Battle of Britain campaign is so biased in favour of the Luftwaffe that after many attempts as the RAF I have given up on it. Has anyone any insight as to why this campaign in particular is so unwinnable for the RAF? Surely, someone has had a similar experience. Does anyone at Battlefront plan to balance this campaign out?

Maybe we can help with some tips.

When you play the campaign, what tends to happen that swings it in favor of the Germans?

In general, I have found that placing 2 elements of defenders in high value areas works well in the early game while your pilots are still fresh. This allows you to inflict early bomber losses.

Don't try to defend all the regions. As the UK, you need your pilots to get as much rest as possible, so only defend regions that have high values.

Take losses if needed, but get the bombers early in the campaign. This will make him stretch his bombers thin in the later part of the campaign and make them much easier to shoot down.

Lone German bombers are only useful for picking up low value targets from then on.

It is certainly winnable as the British, but it is a difficult campaign.

the secret is that you don't have to defend everything - pick and chose where you put your figthers, concentrate your forces, and work hard at destroying bombers.

Getting more experience at playing the game helps too of course - having the experience of building yuor own stable of good pilots really helps in campaigns - you don't use them of course, but the experience playing the game is vital.

Thanks for the tips guys. Dan, I really love your game. I just had to get used to how the online campaigns work. I have just finished Battle of Britain as the RAF and I'm finally victorious. I'll stop whining now :)

The Scenario that just KILLS me is the Dunkirk scenario as the Brits. The Germans have one pair of 109's that are crewed by Superman and his brother. They're nigh unstoppable.

After REPEATED playings, I finally managed a TIE as the brits, but that was pure luck since I managed to avoid superman every round and pound his bombers until the last turn. Heh, on the last round I got superman and his wingie against four of my best Brits. I figured I FINALLY had em. The Germans shot all four of my boys down, however, garnering the TIE.

Tough Scenario that Dunkirk...

SamF7