Bug??? Enemy Scissors When Tailed!!!

Joe Perez

I am curious as whether or not this is a bug, or a change to the game system...

I am now being constantly being confronted with enemy aircraft that using the "scissors" card or option against me when I am TAILING them! Since the scissors is being played against me when the enemy is not an "agile" aircraft, I know that at times it is the actual card being played against me. I have not had this experience until recently.

It's my understanding that just as in the card game, a "scissors" can only be played while you are disadvantaged, not tailed. But now at least twice an aircraft I am tailing has used the scissors to get from being tailed to being neutral with me.

Any info as to why this is happening? I believe it may be a bug, since I have also noticed that when I am the tailee, and I have a scissors card, I am not given the luxury of playing it.

Joe Perez

If it is actually using a Scissors card to change its position from tailed, it would be a bug.

Are you sure its not just using Scissors as a response card to a Tight Turn? That would be legal even when being tailed.

If possible, turn on the Action Log and save to file. If you see it happen again, it should show up in the action log and you can send it to difadmin@battlefront.com and we'll take a look.

It AI is definately using the scissors during it's own turn, when being tailed, since it went from being tailed to then being neutral with me. If it did use it as a response, it simply would have negated my card (which wasn't played anyway) and our relative position would not have changed.

Joe Perez

• 2 weeks later...

Without question this bug exists. It happened again when an eneny A6M5 that was neutral to me started off its own turn by playing a sicssors.

The log box disappears at the end of the game, and even tho' the "save to file" is selected, I don't know how to retrieve the log, if I can at all.

Joe Perez

Had this happen to me last night. Think I was going up against F4Fs. About 3 turns in, started the turn neutral and the computer played a Scissors card to get me disadvantaged.

First time I've noticed it.

Bartbert, I can send the log if you want it. Should be easy enough to find since I only had time for two missions last night.

I looked over the file that Sitzkrieg sent recently and in this particular case, the play of Scissors was legal. I thought I'd explain the situation in case others are seeing something similar.

The situation was that Sitzkrieg's leader, "Johann" was advantaged on enemy leader "A", but Johann's wingman had already been shot down. This is known as the "Lone Leader" condition.

Enemy leader "B" dove down from a higher altitude and targeted "Johann". Note that if Johann's wingman was still around, it would not be possible to target Johann because he was not in a Neutral position.

Enemy leader "B" then played a Scissors card, which was legal because Johann was currently in an advantaged position relative to leader "A". Consequently, Johann's position changed from being advantaged on leader "A" to being disadvantaged to leader "B".

I'm not saying that this is what happened in other cases in which players have reported the AI playing a Scissors card illegally, but that is what happened in this particular case. In addition, some players may not have been aware of the "Lone Leader" condition, so it was a good opportunity to explain how that works.

If others have log files with Scissors problems, send them on and we'll take a look.

Hmmm...Can't remember if that was what I saw but it makes sense now. I just saw that Scissors card played to disadvantage me from Neutral and thought of this thread. Very rare occurance. At least I've only seen it once so far. I'll try to remember this the next time I see it.

Thanks for the explanation. Hope I didn't waste too much of your time chasing ghosts.

I still notice that when an enemy leader is shot down by one of your bombers, the wingman becomes leader and only gets a number of cards equal to it's offense, even though in the log it states dealt the number of cards equal to performance. Not that I'm complaining..... smile.gif