Pilot Start Year for Wingmen.

Northstar

A couple of days ago, I lost my best team's wingie. The Leader has over 1000XP (not a lot for the pros out there, but a lot for me).

When I went to create a new wingman, the computer gave me the option of picking a start year. Cool, I thought, I'll start the guy with a couple hundred XP, take the 10% penalty, and I'll be able to buy a few skills so he isn't a complete loser. I proceed to do so, and find that the XPs can't be spent.

I realize that this was spelled out in the change, and I just forgot. I assume that the rationale is to allow new pilots to start in better planes, which is fair enough.

My question is, why is this even an option when replacing a wingie? The only thing that makes a difference in this case is the XP multiplier. Shouldn't the wingie just default to the same start year as the Leader, so that he has the same XP multiplier. Otherwise, the only logical choice is to chose 1939 (or whatever the earliest year is)for all new wingies so they get the 1.10 multiplier. Right now I'm stuck with a wingie with 200 useless XP and a 0.90 multipler!

On a related note, any news on implementing the change to change the XP distribution so wingies with low XPs relative to their leader get a greater share? In my first battle, the leader got 45 XP and the wingie got 3!

That's a good point about the wingman. As it stands right now, I can't think of any reason not to choose 1939 as his start year. I'm thinking maybe all newly created wingmen should just get 1.0x multiplier.

The change to the way XP are distributed will probably happen within the next few weeks. We have been making some changes to prepare the way for the first expansion packs as well as a couple of new campaigns. That work is wrapping up, so we can get back to other enhancements.

It isn't spendable? I though it was - but then I haven't had to create one.

Why bother getting the leader killed tho? Your scenario isn't any different from how it is now if a leader gets killed - you get to respend the wingie's EXP on leader skills.

Hi all. smile.gif Why can't a new wingman get HALF of the XP of the last wingman. That way if you have a high XP leader you don't get a no skill rookie. :eek: You would be at a major disadvantage when that happens. :( The new fixes in the works where the wingman gets half of the XP will fix that. I am looking forward to the new stuff that will be coming out. Have money and will BUY! ;)

P.S. Yes! I like the faces. :D

Thanks for the quick reply (although I didn't get around to reading it very quickly smile.gif ) I was just wondering if I was missing something.

I'm glad to hear that you're moving ahead with the XP distribution change. It will help to keep a lost wingman from totally cripling a good pair, and also keep the wingie on more even footing with the leader in general.