IMS2:Destroyed

Greg K

Just played a battle. My Mosquito leader drew 3 IMS2:D in his starting hand. He downs 2 enemies in two turns. My wingman then draws his hand - he draws 2 IMS2:D himself - but cant get a kill. I fire off my last IMS2:D only to be foiled. The bot wingman draws his own IMS2:D and kills me with the Ace combo.

Thats 6 IMS2:D in only 3 turns and actually 4 consecutive IMS2:D cards played in a single turn. Thats too much.

Why is it too much?

The Mosquito has 2 20mm cannon with 400 rounds each AND 4 x .303" machineguns with 1000 rounds each.

You drew 5 of them and got 2 kills - probably you would have gotten 2 kills with an assortment of other firing cards had you drawn them instead.

Or is it the enemy's draw of 1 plus an ace that is too much??!! :D

Here's the math for the Leader deck that has 76 cards. The wingman deck has 69 cards so the math is a little different.

For the Leaders...

76 cards in the deck

1 card is an IMS2:D

24 cards are other IMS's

So about 1 in 3 cards in an IMS

With a Heavy Cannon 1, each IMS has a 10% chance to be converted to a IMS2:D

So, if your leader gets 6 cards a turn due to Horsepower, leader skills, and wingman skills, he will draw roughly 2 IMS's per turn.

This means a leader will convert an IMS to an IMS2:D a little more than once every 6 turns, or about once or twice per game. The leader will also probably draw the normal IMS2:D once per game. So, over all, he should see 2 or 3 per game.

There will of course be exceptions, but if the cards are tracked over several games they will even out.

Tornado the 1st time I played with tne new rules my Mosquito leader had 2 x IMS2:D cards in his initial hand, anddrew one more later - I have no way of knowing whether they were all "conversions" from other IMS cards, but at least 1 of the initial 2 must have been.

IMS 2:D is relatively easy to dodge tho - I've had lotos of them played against me by 190's and none have hit - at least not recently! smile.gif

And I can often shoot down an enemy leader with a"only" 2-3 IMS cards anyway with a +1 damage bonus - IMS2:D is quite unimportant once you get damage bonuses.