World Bowl of DIF TOURNAMENT

Sixxkiller

Another question - can I reduce my pilot's points by starting him in a lower level a/c to get into the 5-600 band?

If so when can I upgrade a/c?

Hi Stalin,

I have had 0 signups and I am thinking this isnt going to happen anyway. I think you using lower aircraft will eventually make it impossible to fly against you if you use higher a/c later. No I am gonna say no even though I dont think it really matters. I dont think you guys liked this format. :(

-Ray

The main problem is getting pilotsd in exactly that exp range - it's too much of a "hit and miss" affair, excuse the pun :(

Tornado & I will play, but can't decide which pilots to use because we don't actually have any in the right range right now.

I think tournaments like this show the need to use a "tournament" nationality that you could simply allocate 550 pts to a pilot in without ppl having to spend a lot of time trying to massage their existing pilots.

Well I wanted to do that but everyone didnt want to delete pilots. Plus I thought the points here would have been kind of a middle of the road that most could get to by tournament time.

I think we are just going to have to go back to the first format as it was at least fun.

-Ray

Hi all. smile.gif How about an open tournament. Bring your best pilot or whoever you want with any amount of card draws or whatever. You can have the players play until both Leader and wingman are shoot down in a game, and they're out. Players can quit the tournament anytime they want if they think there pilot is about to die. ;) The winner of this tournament would REALLY have some bragging rights. :cool: Plus the underdogs have a chance at winning. Just to let you know make sure your pilot has IRON NERVES!! :rolleyes:

Just an idea for a tournament. I think it would be fun, and I DON'T have the highest rated pilots. smile.gif

I too am having a hard time getting a pilot in range. I was working on one, and the beggar went and got himself killed.

Speaking for myself, I have no problem deleting a pilot if I need to. See, if we had our tourney pilot roster, this wouldn't be an issue ;) and you (Sixx) could work them over any way your...er, guess I best be careful of my description of your mental process smile.gif , so then; excellant brain process could devise ;)

I was working on a pilot, he had 428xp. I received the F4U the very next mission and my xp jumped to 638. So, unless you can take away one of my skills, I'm screwed when it comes to having a pilot ready, and I've been working on this one since Sunday for this tourney.

I flew a mission lastnight, didn't expect to get 3 kills against human opponents. That resulted in in my set having total xp of 608, 8 points over the limit :-( Bad, very Bad. I might have one other set ready by Saturday - maybe. I am starting to think that deleting a set of pilots is the only way to go. That also is Bad, very Bad.

But at least now I have a couple of sets I wouldn't mind deleting if I had to ;):D

[ January 27, 2006, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: tornado ]

Well, I had also planned to participate, but also jumped one of my pilots from 520 to 620 in one fail swoop. I was working on another pilot tonight when Tornado told me the tourny might be cancelled due to lack of registration. I did post here, but I forgot to register. I'll look around tomorrow and maybe we can still do something?

--Ed