New Nationalities possible?

Baron von Beergut

Each of the 4 current nationalities have had a new plane added since the game came out so I don't think it's not likely or necessary for any more.

It's pleasant to get more than you paid for with a game by having these updates/improvements, and the free online play, so I'm happy and content with that.

But... smile.gif players naturally always think of wanting more... smile.gif

Not necessary, but what is the likelyhood of adding additional nationalities? Russia being the most likely.

I-16, MiG-1, 3, Lagg-3, La-5, 7, Yak-1,3,9, or whatever. And that in turn would open more campaign possibilities. I dug out my old snail mail Play by Mail game, "Victory! in Europe" that has a full size sheet of statistics on each of multiple planes for them, US, Brit, Ger. Quite a book full of that and other ground/air/naval stuff.

Ok, I'll shut up and go back to my breakfast beer... just thinking out loud... BvB

tongue.gif

[ January 19, 2006, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: Baron von Beergut ]

Herr Beergut,

Its not such a bad thing to want more. I cant tell you what is coming as that is top secret and I am not a secret agent (hence they tell me nothing so i am as surprised as you).

My guess is that Italy and Russia would be critical to any WWII game. Italys Re 2000 and MC 2005 would be dandy along with Soviet tin cans! France would be neat also as they had about a plane for every second they lasted until surrender.

I do know it takes lots of time to do each plane.

-Ray

I don't know what the price on the expansion packs will be, but I would guess that they'll be in the $10 to $15 range, depending on how many aircraft are included.

You'll be getting a whole set of aircraft all in one shot, and as Sixxkiller mentioned, there is a fair amount of work that goes into each aircraft.

Originally posted by bartbert:

I don't know what the price on the expansion packs will be, but I would guess that they'll be in the $10 to $15 range, depending on how many aircraft are included.

You'll be getting a whole set of aircraft all in one shot, and as Sixxkiller mentioned, there is a fair amount of work that goes into each aircraft.

My only request is that you make them downloadable rather than the only choice being a CD shipped via mail. :D Yes, we are always wanting something.

This is all still up in the air still, but the plan is for an expansion to include:

1) One new nation with all the aircraft it needs to be equal with the first 4 nations.

2) A few new planes for each of the 4 current nations.

3) A half-dozen or so campaigns.

4) About a dozen new pilot skills.

It looks like some of the Soviet planes were well armed.

Also, Brian has been deep in the coding dungeon crafting the newest treasures for the adventurous to discover. They should be ready for the light of day soon.

I can almost hear him hammering away now...

(CLANG)...(CLANG)...(CLANG)...

"Some" is a relative term - the heaviest armed single-seat fighter was the Yaroslavl produced LaGG 5 - with 3 20mm cannon - but the Moscow produced version only had 2 because there was a shortage of the lightweight guns that the a/c could carry 3 of - the Moscow ones carried the older heavier ones and only 2 could be fitted.

Most Sov fighters have 1 20-23mm cannon with 1-2 machineguns, usually 12.7mm but often 7.62mm.

Over 50% of the Russian fighter production in WW2 was the Yak family - these all had 1 cannon and 1-2 mg's - the Yak 9 was the single most produced fighter, and was mostly equipped with just the 1 HMG as well as the cannon (I'm excluding the anti-tank versions here! smile.gif )

IIRC most of the modern fighter force in 1941 was Mig-3's, with 1 HMG and 2 rifle-calibre mg's.

The last I-16 models were nominally armed with 2 x 20mm and 2 x 7.62mm, but it's by no means clear that even they always had the 20mm fitted, and the much more numerous earlier models had 4 x 7.62mm.

I've read that the Soviet guns were very good - with high rates of fire and muzzle velocities - but they were still considered quite light armaments, even by the Soviets themselves.

I'm happy to provide details smile.gif

Sorry to disppoint you Misty - but I'd rather wait until there's an intersting post to reply to! tongue.gif;)

[ January 19, 2006, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Stalin's Organist ]

New skills too? Drool... smile.gif

Makes it sound even more interesting!

This may not be a new skill, but an idea that would be neat to have: Currently when a pilot is killed, that's it - gone. What if instead, there would be a random chance that he was either seriously wounded or lost in enemy territory? Then there could be a chance that at some future date on line you'd get a surprise message when you're about to create a new pilot/wingy that this pilot/wingy had either been released from the hospital or made it back to friendly lines. And then you could assign him with all his previous experience/skills.

Might be too difficult to code in, but sounds nice anyway.

Not sure I want any of my dead pilots back - I'm getting the hang of mixing skills now & my current ones are better than my old ones!! smile.gif

A dozen new skills is interesting - will existing pilots get a chance to trade in old ones for new?

Guess what nationality I'm hoping for?! smile.gif

Yak-3 at Wanaka, New Zealand, 1998

WANYAK3M.JPG

Polikarpov I-16, same place & year

WANI16V.JPG

the same aeroplane in 2000 painted in Republican Spanish colours

WN00I16B.JPG

I-153 at Wanaka 2000 - in Nationalist chinese Colours

WN00CH8.JPG