What do you do if you join a Squadron?

lakespeed

Well, out of curiosity, what happens if you find someone to take your pilot into a Squadron? Do you do team missions, or do you lose control of you pilot, or do things pretty much stay the same?

I've seen a few things about Squadrons, but it's kind of gone over my head.

Hello lakespeed. I joined VMF-6(that's Sixxkiller's USA squadron), after having the game about a week. I joined up with two pilots & wingmen because I, like you, didn't know if I could keep total control over my pilots. You do keep 100% control over your pilot. One of my British pilots joined The Black Angels (that's Zonzo's UK squadron) about 2 weeks ago. I joined in anticipation of having tournaments/duels with other squadrons. That has not occurred just yet, but I anticipate that it eventually will.

Hi guys,

While I really do not know what Dan, Brian, and BFC have planned for the squadron portion of this game, I can tell you that I actually do have a plan for immersing the fans in this game beyond its current implementation. I will not get into specifics at this time but it is in my head.

What I can tell you is that (this is all subject to change mind you as Dan, Brian, and BFC have all the control over functions as I am just a fan like you guys or a better description is they do not provide me a salary smile.gif ) is there are plans in the works (VERY EARLY STAGES) to host tournaments where some of them will actually be squadron based, or in general terms, squadron vs squadron.

If you guys are as smart as I think you are, you will come up with some ideas so Dan, Brian, and Martin (thats Moon for all you late comers to BFC) can sort through them and forulate plans.

Some of these tournaments may or may not have bragging rites attached or even prizes to some extent. I can tell one of my ideas is for a winner to get to face off against one of DIF or BFC's employees for uber bragging rites! Thats a pretty huge prize in itself, but I am sure more can be done.

You guys should remember that this game has really very few limits as an online game. Brian and Dan really are into supporting this title over the long haul with updates and new items. So the sky is the limit and the bigger the community becomes the more they will be able to do. So get your buddies involved who dont have the game.

Let the ideas begin!

-Ray

Hey Ray! Thanks for the update. I suspected that Dan and Brian had at least the beginnings of a plan for squadron based events/battles. I anticipate that as the DIF Community grows there will be more demand for this to occur. One idea that shouldn't require a large amount of reworking the system is to allow squadrons to face off in the campaigns (even if they don't get to use their aircraft, but system assigned aircraft). I must say that I am looking very forward to squadron based events. I see new names on the server almost everyday now, and I know all of us hope to see that continue.

Ok, so maybe I should peruse the Squadrons and find openings somewhere. It looks like Sixxkiller has one for every group so I may be sending Ray a message about joining his squadrons.

I had better get in the top squadrons now before everything changes and the openings became far and few between!

Haha Tom, wasnt really an update but there were a few emails on the subject and when everyone gets back to normal after the holidays I will be submitting plans for all this, INCLUDING, some squad based tournaments. Hey I have 4 of them so far, I figured I would have 4 when I started and when the other countries come out, you can expect them to be added to the consortium. smile.gif

And Lakespeed, I would be proud to have you in one of my squadrons, or all 4 if you decide. smile.gif As far as being the best, well I do have Tornado so how good could it be???? smile.gif j/k

-Ray

Originally posted by Sixxkiller:

Haha Tom, wasnt really an update but there were a few emails on the subject and when everyone gets back to normal after the holidays I will be submitting plans for all this, INCLUDING, some squad based tournaments. Hey I have 4 of them so far, I figured I would have 4 when I started and when the other countries come out, you can expect them to be added to the consortium. smile.gif

And Lakespeed, I would be proud to have you in one of my squadrons, or all 4 if you decide. smile.gif As far as being the best, well I do have Tornado so how good could it be???? smile.gif j/k

-Ray

Ray is right - my performance is hurt by having to pull him along :D But hey, that's what squad mates do. lol Looking forward to hearing about your ideas, Ray.

Greg Boyington would like to acknowledge his acceptance into VMF-6 with a speech, but the current Medal of Honor winner decided to send 3 more aircraft "Down in Flames" instead as a toast to his new Squadron Mates.

Cheers!

May our kills be high and our casualties low.