Running in open doors..

Schugger

anyway, just want to say that I enjoy the game immensely and I am just playing the Demo.

Started with playing local games, created a few pilots and those poor boys soon found out that staying on the ground would have been a much better choice.

Even those few who survived their first missions by some miracle, faced overwhelming odds when they finally reached the 100 EP cap and were put against the killing bots from hell.

Just now, after having played local games for almost a week, I just found out that I could play campaign games. Boy, this is excellent stuff!

While I wait for the game arriving at my mailbox (beware of interceptors!), I'llwrite up a small review on a german games forum.

Dont play a Sixxkiller Squadron pilot as they are the best EVER!!!! They will shoot you down in 7 turns!!!! Be afraid Be VERY AFRAID.

-Ray

PS My tagline in no way endorses the above statement and no matter how many coronas I have had tonight shouldn't affect the fear that should be bestowed upon you.

Wrote up my review here

It is in german, but hey!

I just hope it'll issue some replies.

@bartbert: After having send dozends of pilots to no return recon missions, I 've found out that checking the Manual for upcoming pilots (i.e.: the forum) is not a bad idea at all.

Sometimes my 100XP pilots hold their ground exceptionally well with starting at low altitude and then going after the wingmen first.

@MantaRay:Seventh game turn is usually my strongest one: sweeping the bits and pieces of the past hero and hitting the "create new pilot" button.

Just wait until I get the full game and I'll show you how to dive past very low - with style.

Pretty good review as far as my pretty rusty German allows me to understand it smile.gif

Just one thing: you say the game is only available from the USA, but there is also shipping from Ireland. As far as I can tell, delivery delay in an EU country should be between half a week and 2 weeks (was 8 days to France in my case).

Schugger,

Greetings, I read the review, understood 4 words, and will have to take a frenchmans word on the contents (Kuroi is the frenchman I am refering to.)

Wait till you get the full game my friend, all that demo tactics stuff will have to be forgotten against the bots! Finding the Very Very Low Altitude is something of an exact science that all skill lvls of players can do equally!!! smile.gif

I do suggest you play the campaign from the demo. The tactical choices keep you on your toes and playing god in sending your poor pilot who is fatigued into the teeth of the enemy makes for some head smacking moments! The more I get into the campaigns, the less I am starting to care about the ladder dogfights. They are truly not the same game twice, and the AI isnt always a pushover even when equal in skills.

Daylight 44 is like a game all by itself, and I am hoping they will make a mega campaign that goes far beyond the current version of Daylight.

And since you are German you can't unlock the 7th turn, only Californians with 2 DIF squadrons can my friend. But I will show you if you defect with a Me-262 and fly it to my house. I will need a suitable hangar also, so you had better be saving your euros!!! Malibu is the far opposite of cheap. smile.gif

-Ray

Originally posted by Schugger:

Wrote up my review here

It is in german, but hey!

I just hope it'll issue some replies.

@bartbert: After having send dozends of pilots to no return recon missions, I 've found out that checking the Manual for upcoming pilots (i.e.: the forum) is not a bad idea at all.

Sometimes my 100XP pilots hold their ground exceptionally well with starting at low altitude and then going after the wingmen first.

@MantaRay:Seventh game turn is usually my strongest one: sweeping the bits and pieces of the past hero and hitting the "create new pilot" button.

Just wait until I get the full game and I'll show you how to dive past very low - with style.

Well kuroi neko, I really mised that you can order the game in europe, I just hope that this is not a big deal. I have been told in my sales confirmation mail that shipping to western europe will take 3 to 10 buisiness days, which is not much of a difference (if at all) to the eight days it took for your order to arrive.

I am glad that you liked my review, but I think that this forum is eventually a bit to general (it belongs to Germany's largest PC mag). A review at a more dedicated forum for strategy games would be more helpful, I guess.

MantaRay, I keep my fingers crossed that my copy will arrive at the end of the the next week. I have played Dunkirque but I got a fatal error message after I have finished turn 3: Fatal Error 0001..Schugger won..no valid parameter..game will self destruct

And since you are German you can't unlock the 7th turn, only Californians with 2 DIF squadrons can my friend.
Woot?!? 'Tis gamey ;)

Schugger, wir haben zwei Lagerhäuser - eines in USA, und das zweite in Irland, wodurch sich die vergleichbaren Versandzeiten auf beiden Kontenten erklären. (Leider sind durch den höheren Euro die Versandkosten in Europe etwas höher...)

Gruss,

Martin

Moon, my copy arrived today and was sent (according to the postal stamp) from Ireland.

My order was confirmed om 25th Otober and, considering that their was a weekend and All Saints Day between it, I think the delivery was quite fast.

Thus, I am just a happy Schug.