Unable to log in to DIF Website

Frenchy

Unable to log in the website - usr name and paswd does not seem to be recognized. It doesn't matter if I use the login link on the right or the account login on the left.

I can log in to play the game without a problem.

Do I have to re-register for the full version?

No, you shouldn't have to re-register. It seems like someone else reported a problem logging onto the web site awhile back, but I can't recall the exact circumstances.

I thought it had something to do with the browser they were using (Firefox maybe?) or perhaps it was just that when they tried to log on from work they couldn't, but when they tried from home it did.

Is there another computer that you can try to login from?

Bartbert:

That was me a while back. Here's what I have been able to determine:

I can get into the DIF website through the Lobby, since I am already logged in. Everything works as advertised.

It seems where I am having a problem is going to the website w/o going through the lobby or after I log out after a few games.

When entering my usr and pswd at either link on the DIF site it just doesn't recognize it. I just tried it a few minutes ago and it did not work.

FYI - I am using IE with latest updates on Windows XP2 with latest tweaks.

Hmmm. That is a little bit baffling. I can't think of any reason why it would make any difference whether you access the web site via the lobby, or just opening up a browser manually.

Do you have any browser toolbars/plugins installed? Go to Tools/Internet Options on your browser. Click on the "Programs" tab and then click the "Manage Add-ons..." button. There is a drop down list at the top of that form. Pick the item that says, "Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer".

You might try disabling some of the items in the list, at least temporarily, to see if it resolves the problem.

I was able to log in the site through my laptop. I obvisouly have a setting in IE on my PC that is preventing me from logging in to the site.

I'll have to do some investigating...

Monday evening: After spending more than three hours tonight tinkering with the settings I could not get into the site through IE on my PC.

This one has me stumped.

[ October 03, 2005, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Frenchy ]

Update:

I go here to log in:

http://www.downinflamesonline.com/Default.aspx?tabid=31

I enter my correct name and password and end up here:

http://www.downinflamesonline.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1

I enter my name and password in the above page and it ends up back at the same page. I do not get an error message which states that I entered in the wrong name or password, no login error message.

I have not been able for the life of me to figure out why.

I can access the site through the lobby once I log in there. However there are times I'd like to get to the site without going through the lobby.

Anybody have any suggestions? I have done all I can think of on my end.

[ October 08, 2005, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Frenchy ]