cant play online plz help

89RAR

firstly congratulations on a top game, unfortunatley i havent had a chance to actually play it online. i was wondering if anyone else out there has had the same problem?? i have network 1.1 installed and i have directx 9.0c the problem is when i try to logon i get to click logon then the computer takes quite a while and i get 2 messages the first being "the server does not exsist or is unavailable" and then after i click ok i get another message saying "the server could not be contacted, please check server name and try again" i have Mcafee virus installed but i have all the protection turned of including fire wall also i have made sure the windows firewall is not enabled. so if anyone could help me i would greatly appreciated it. thank you for your time. all the best

regards

Originally posted by 89RAR:

firstly congratulations on a top game, unfortunatley i havent had a chance to actually play it online. i was wondering if anyone else out there has had the same problem?? i have network 1.1 installed and i have directx 9.0c the problem is when i try to logon i get to click logon then the computer takes quite a while and i get 2 messages the first being "the server does not exsist or is unavailable" and then after i click ok i get another message saying "the server could not be contacted, please check server name and try again" i have Mcafee virus installed but i have all the protection turned of including fire wall also i have made sure the windows firewall is not enabled. so if anyone could help me i would greatly appreciated it. thank you for your time. all the best

regards

Have you registered at the DIF main site and received a verification code?

http://www.downinflamesonline.com/

Back when we were testing the game, we had a guy who was a game reviewer that had this exact same problem. I wish I could tell you that we figured out what was causing it and how to fix it, but the fact is that we never did figure out what was going on.

I can tell you that we monitored things from the server side when he would try to connect, and as far as I could tell, the request to connect never made it to the server. Whether it was being stopped by something on his computer, or a hardware device on his network (such as a router, cable modem, or hardware firewall), I don't know, but the request just wasn't getting to the server.

I was looking at some of the e-mails he and I exchanged at the time, and one thing he had in common with you is that he was using McAfee virus/firewall protection. I know that you have said that you disabled it on your machine (as did he), but maybe there's something there. Or perhaps there is some anti-spyware software that is blocking the request

I remember many emails and phone calls with the reviewer ending with no success.

I know that Martin encountered an issue with one of the ISPs that he was using. The lobby would get laggy at times for no apparent reason, but the dogfights ran fine.

I wonder if it has something to do with the ISP's control over ports?

Can you try testing the computer/game from a different location that might use a different ISP?

thank you dan, i appreciate u taking time to reply. what i plan to do is completely wipe the system i have and re-installing everything from windows, a real pain to be sure but iam encountering other problems as well, im thinking its probably virus's but im hopeful it will work. thank you

regards