Pilot death in local games

Skolman

I have played many local games and it seems that pilots can´t get killed there ! So far noone has lost his escape death skill. This is even more interresting since the AI Pilots often have the "target pilot" skill.

What is going on here ?

Cheers

Skolman

Well, I can tell you that local games should work the same way as online games. So either you've just been lucky, or there's some kind of bug in the logic.

You can tell from the bailout parachute animation whether the pilot made his safe bailout percent or not. If the parachute kind of wags back and forth as it goes down, then it was not a safe bailout, and the pilot should have expended an Escape Death to survive (if he has one). If the parachute just goes straight down, then it was a safe bailout and he didn't need an Escape Death.

Do you recall whether you've seen the parachute wag back and forth on any of the bailouts?

Originally posted by Gunhawk:

>So far noone has lost his escape death skill. >This is even more interresting since the AI >Pilots often have the "target pilot" skill.

>What is going on here ?

How can you tell which skills and AI pilot has?

Thanks

Gunhawk

When on-line - click on manage pilots and then pick the pilot. You'll see who has what. At least for your pilots. Don't know about AI pilots.

Originally posted by Gunhawk:

How can you tell which skills and AI pilot has?

Thanks

Gunhawk

Every time you start up a game, whether it is against an AI or human opponent, there is a mission preview screen that opens up. This preview screen shows all the participants in the battle along with a summary of their stats and a list of their skills.

In the online game, the preview screen opens up at the same time that the game starts, so it may be easier to miss that it is there. In the local game, the preview screen comes up first and you can look it over a bit before the game starts up.

Originally posted by Skolman:

Since I have lost the last couple of games I recall the parachute wag.

...and in about 30 fights the escape death was never

removed.

Ditto this. All my pilots always start each mission with an escape death card. I just assumed the demo was set up that way.