Theater settings

Skolman

Will it be possible to choose a theater (battle of brittain for example) and then fight battles with just the planes that where involved there ?

If yes, it would be much more fun then battling it out with planes from all theaters and times.

Your oppinions ?

PS: does anyone remember the poor game "Luftwaffe commander"? It just was fun to start with the civil war in spain an end up over Germany...

Right now, we plan on having four campaigns in the initial release.

Battle of Britain and Solomon Islands 1943 are looking good, Singapore 1941, and Daylight Bombing 1944 are under development.

This gives us a good mix for each nation and fighter types.

Our plan is to expand the game on a regular basis. We plan on adding more aircraft, more skills, more campaigns, more nations, etc. as time goes by.

Sounds good Dan!

...but will it be possible to play an opponent who has not updated to the last version or has downloaded the last plane plane set ? I am asking because i have no access to the internet on a regular basis (just using the computer of a mate) and i know the problems of downloading and upgrading games...

Oi !

PS: DAN, are you earning your money just by creating games or do you have a boring dayjob like anybody else ? ...just being interrested...maybe i should start creating games too ??

Skolman,

Right now, about 1/2 our income is from games and the other 1/2 from the graphic arts business my wife and I run.

Earning a living from tabletop game design is difficult.

To give you an idea, right now I am working on the DIF and MNB computer games. I am also contracted to be working on 3 card games and 1 board game. With any luck, I will be starting on a new collectible card game in a week or two.

Over the next six months I have a few games scheduled for release in the tabletop world: 1 Political game, 1 Veggie Tales game, 2 Bratz games, and Naval Battles, the WWII version of MNB.

As you can see, making money can be done, but it needs to be done with volume.

I'm lucky in that my wife, Holly, turned out to be a talented game developer. She has developed most of the 30+ games we have had published over the years. Our children, ages 10 and 7, also enjoy games and have started helping in the playtesting over the past couple years.

Our son, Kevin, probably plays a couple DIF missions a day, and has become pretty good at the game.

As you can see, making a living as a designer is possible, but it takes a fair amount of effort.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...