I am currently working on a mod of Alexander the Great for strategic command 2. The goals for this project are building a well balanced historical correct and fun to play strategy game at a large scale.

For you only have Axis and Allies makes a mod of this time difficult but certainly not impossible.

I will post screenshots later.

On this forum I will edit updates concerning the mod.

-Started with measuring of the map and builded Peleponessos as a starting point for the map. Greece finished.

Sweet!

BTW:

I assume Allies will be the Greek city states.

The diplomacy model should be interesting here.

What kind of units are you looking at making and what scale?

Alexander's phalanxes and companion cavalry should be much stronger than 'normal' units to be realistic.

Also, Alexander led from the front in cavalry charges. Is it possible to make HQ units offensive?

If so, it probably makes sense to make all the notable leaders HQ units that are unbuildable but you start the game with them. Persia should not be able to build another 'Darius' unit for example.

Just some thoughts...

You can change the names Axis and Allies in the localization.txt file, and edit the choose_side_dialog.bmp in the interface directory. Customize the game any way you like. I did this with Tactics III, using Red and Blue as the sides. It's pretty easy.