Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Slick game system..

I have the need to say this is one slick game system. The amount of depth in hidden, until read, rules is really nice. This game is much deeper than is initially evident. I have read the rules and it gives me a whole new appreciation at what is at our fingertips. I like the slower pace of this game compared to the last. The larger spaces(map) is also a plus. Upgradeable, nameable and unit history tracking of units gives one special interest in certain units. I get the sense that getting a handle on unit entrenchments will make a large difference in how the game is played. This is not a game for RTS enthusiasts. This is a game of paper and chits that I enjoyed as an adolescent in the 70's. This game would be a die rollers nightmare if the computer didn't handle most of the computations. Nicely done. I don't write often, but man this game is great so far...I don't play much solitaire...I enjoy pbem due to family and work constraints. I look forward to seeing addons and possibly a world wide conflict from Mr. Cater in the future.....?

Read the manual, like the new features, especially diplomacy and varying states of neutrality, as per numerous discussions from a couple of years back in the original forum. Very good to see them incorporated.

At first I was hostile toward the tile idea, but I'm starting to get used to them now.

Won't be able to get into the game itself, not even the demo, till sometime in the summer. But I'm looking forward to doing so, particularly in playing it after the inevitable gremlins are shook out of the thing -- which appears to be happening even now.

As always, Hats Off to Mr. C. smile.gif