I am not the one developing the AI. ;)

The classic Red vs Blue campaign should be a good test for the generic AI. Beyond that, it will also be interesting to see what scripting can do.

Back to the original question, the default campaigns in SC2 should be the same as in SC1. There will also be those other operational campaigns, both as stand-alone games and to demonstrate some of the many capabilities of the editor.

Originally posted by pzgndr:I've got the Tactics II adaptation ready. It may not be included with the release but will certainly be available soon after.
Q: Initially, will there be a single repository of non-default scenarios such as Tactics II, and where are they invisaged to reside?

The Tactics II game I remember was the simple introductory version to wargaming that SPI used to include with their games, right? Or was that AH?

And wasn't it just an operational type land forces only game?

Now just thinking out loud here, I remember a red vs blue game called "Blitzkrieg", from one of those publishers. Had a bunch of weak neutral nations separating the two main constituents. Anyone?

Anyway, wouldn't it be a bit more appealing to create, using the SC2 editor, a game with more of a naval orientation, based on the former "Blitzkrieg" platform?

There could be all kinds of orientations to multi-player formats, sort of like Risk, everyone on their own for world dominance, with a bit of diplomacy thrown in for good taste.

Each nation could be oriented to a specific armed forces doctrine. One being naval dominated, another air, perhaps a fast reaction highly mobile small but elite force, one with just a large semi-obsolete land army(unmechanized), and then one fully motorized, etc., etc.

Perhaps this custom campaign would become the quintessential platform for a players' ladder since it could be fully balanced and designed from the ground up.

Hmmmm!! Upon further contemplation, I believe we already have that.....wasn't it called WW2?

[ October 26, 2005, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: SeaMonkey ]

If I remember correctly both Tactics II and Blitzkrieg were AH - I know Blitz was, used to play it a lot - SPI put out a huge mod for that game early in S&T's history.

I made up my own mod based on what I read about SPI's with neutral forces, alliances, etc.

It was fun - and yes SC1 at least reminds me a lot of parts of Blitzkrieg.

My AH box set still in great nick, played many hundreds of hours over the years with friends. The scale and variety of units and possible strategies would make this an excellent scenario for tournament play amongst SC2 community. And for additonal scripting for the A.I, till it breaks!

For a very full account of the game try...

http://www.grognard.com/reviews1/tactics2.txt

pic59300.jpg

[ October 26, 2005, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Agent Smith ]