I love boardgames, It would take a bit of work to keep it simple. no computer to do all the calculations. Could work though, I'd be interested to hear any ideas on converting. A good quick-ish but detailed European theatre wargame would be good.

I have played board games since I was twelve. then computers games entered the picture, and there was a long lapse in the playing of board games. I live in a small town in Alaska, it seems there is a growing amount of people who play board games.

I have a hard time getting some people to play SC on computer, being that they can't see too good. (one of which is a game designer, Bruno sinagolious) We do have world at war and third reich. These games are very long and too complex. takes months to get through the rules! I also found that most people like the miniatures in games, and SCII has a great look! I would like to have a board game just to improve my game play (so I can get a birds eye view, and keep track of enemy units and strategy). I do know that every war gamer would buy it just to have it! I know this is a far fetched idea and it will probably never be. its just that the Game units looks great! And it was said that most would turn this feature off. My only concern with a SCII board game would be with the non-staggered tile game board. you must have an ingenuous idea and some pretty fancy computer calculations for the movement of units. (otherwise you would move faster on the diagonals). I know this is a dead subject, but I just can't help but think this is a mistake :rolleyes: You are a genius Hubert and a great game designer. I have had more fun with SC than any other game! :cool:

We do have world at war and third reich. These games are very long and too complex. takes months to get through the rules!
And World in Flames and Totaler Krieg. At the less-complex end of the spectrum is GMT's Europe Engulfed and NeppaGames ETO. EE is a block game, while ETO has cardboard counters; otherwise they are very similar and play quickly. Eagle Games has Attack! which is more abstract like Risk, but is working on a WWII game called Blitzkrieg! which should be less abstract.

So that's at least 8 boardgames out there already. What exactly might SC bring to the table (literally) if one must give up fog of war and the complex manual calculations for unit readiness, supply, etc. that makes it unique? It's a tight market out there as it is.

Originally posted by pzgndr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> We do have world at war and third reich. These games are very long and too complex. takes months to get through the rules!

And World in Flames and Totaler Krieg. At the less-complex end of the spectrum is GMT's Europe Engulfed and NeppaGames ETO. EE is a block game, while ETO has cardboard counters; otherwise they are very similar and play quickly. Eagle Games has Attack! which is more abstract like Risk, but is working on a WWII game called Blitzkrieg! which should be less abstract.

So that's at least 8 boardgames out there already. What exactly might SC bring to the table (literally) if one must give up fog of war and the complex manual calculations for unit readiness, supply, etc. that makes it unique? It's a tight market out there as it is. </font>