Thoughts on the Upcoming Release

Pzgdnr: Features as implemented are working fine. Get ready for some good gaming straight out of the box.

I played 2 games against the AI this weekend as both Axis and Allies and everything was OK. Beyond some expected AI and event script enhancements we need to continue work on, the game plays well for release. I say "expected" because the AI was last to be fully implemented and the least tested. That's just a fact of life. I played on Intermediate +0.5 Experience difficulty settings and got into 1944 in both cases (Allied victory in May 44 in one case and Axis-heavy stalemate in the other). Higher settings will be more challenging until we get some more scripts developed. (Good news here is we can ALL experiment with different ideas and provide feedback to Hubert.)

In my view, after receiving the game it will probably take me 2 to 4 weeks to understand its nuances and provide intelligent feedback while keeping in mind the law of unintended conseqences.

That said, based on everything said about the game on this forum and in the designer diaries posted on Wargamer.com, I look forward to this game becoming a timeless classic like chess. Simple to learn, but difficult to master.

I wonder if Battlefront will create a new forum category for discussions on Sc2 scripting?

This would be useful for it would consolidate all script related posts in a single discussion forum.

[ April 03, 2006, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]