The Bulldog vs the Grey Beast

Rambo-Patton vs Liam-VonRundstedt

1939:

Poland, Denmark and Benelux fall to the Grey Horde onslaught, not a possibility of resistance. Fierce German reprisals to minors that attempt to resist.

German U-Boats escape out of the Atlantic successfully! Also the only offensive action on the other end, Allies take Norway.

1940: France Falls, Germany and Italy now both in the war. Vichy Falls, North Africa abandoned!

Few losses to speak of, French cannot hold, Oslo is liberated by Axis Forces

1941: USSR is Invaded

Vast tracts of the interior are liberated for the Axis, German luftflottes reign terror down on invasion force into Finland. Finland is held under the Iron Cross, there will be no Reds in the Scandanavia region for the rest of the game!

Leningrad falls, as do all territories West of the Dnieper River!

Allies do nothing but invade petty minors in the MiddleEast, assisting the Russian Supremacy in the region, obvious concessions by Mr. Churchill

1942: Greatest Battle in History, Battle of Moscow

Over 2 Million Russians in defensive Barrieres all the way from the border of Stalingrad to 50 miles south of Red Capitol fortified with Fighter coverage and Massive Armor formations attempt to blockade a formidable force of 1.5 million Axis Troops. Pouring through the Pocket and taking heavy losses German troops do not retreat nor do they surrender. Heavy armed Clashes, and reinforcements totallying over 500,000 brought it to secure our gains, the Russians simply do not have the reserves, they abandon their Dneiper fortifications to come to the aide and defense of Mother Russia's Key Rail Center but fail. Though at a high cost, Over a million lost or wounded Axis troops, though in retaliation a million dead Russians, the rest evacuated to interior Russia.

That and hundreds of Damaged fighters, luckily our superior Leadership and Aces trained over France now come into their own.

German drop tanks allow for deep strike missions, the Russians simply are crippled, any movements they make are shadowed overhead by Superior Luftwaffe smooshing the level0 Russian AirForce before they even step off the runways. Meanwhile during all this action in the West, D-Day is embarked upon, Patton is on German Soil.

Rommel comes up to Meet him, and Paris falls, however though France is lost Most of the German Army stays behind the Siegfried line! Several units are lost but no major battles, RAF is attempting to gain experience on Axis Minor Garrisons... And Germans awaiting the time to crush and mail back to England these pesky invaders... That and New York Harbour will be filled with over 2 million American DoughBoys to be reshaped into Coffins...

1943:

In the East the Germans still stand strong, North Front for Russia has fallen, and South Front is now being assaulted, few minor skirmishes cost the Russian's a tank and army but mostly just a rocket exchange.

Battle of the Atlantic:

A new Snorkel device and Japanese torpedoes are introduced in early 1940, fullscale U-Boat warfare cripples the Atlantic. Chancellor Liam orders all forces evaucated from N.Africa to take place in the Greatest Battle at sea in History. A dozen Capitol Ships of HMS,, Majestys Royal Service,, meet deadon with hundreds of U-boats in a Wolf Pack in the North Sea. End result is death to our valiant wolf Packs and several Allied Vessels! Superior #s Cost thousands of MPPs! Destiny and Victory Achieved, Several Axis ships still floating in both the Baltic and Med.. Neither region is fully Axis or Allied.. LandPower is still Key!

1944 is upon us, Will the Allies free Enslaved Europe? Or Will Tyranny Prevail, we hope of course Tyranny prevails smile.gif

[ January 22, 2007, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Liam ]

Nice write up. Yes, the Russians are in a tight spot...but will continue to die for the Motherland. I conducted a counter-attack in 1942, which resulted in the filling of many body bags.

All hope is with General George S. Patton, who is Southern France leading the 3rd Army. If we can punch thru the Siegfred line, it was dearly help Communist Russia.

• 2 weeks later...

1944: - Germany captures- Kharkov the -Southern front Falls to Germany - Allies move into Swiss and Italian Alps - In the North Allied Assualt on the Siegfried Line fails, and is repulsed

ROMMEL VS PATTON in the West in the East Manstien vs Zukov

Rommel's Elite Panzer Armies Assualt a hole in Allied lines, with the break of weather, the Luftwaffe comes out in Force and strikes out at any Aircraft, smashing them on the ground!

There are however a lot of Western Troops, as predicted, 2 million BodyBags sit in New York Harbour! The Germans will not surrender Fortress Europe. Though the Allies fortify France now for the impending Axis Assualt...

In the East, After heavy losses, Russian Forces push forward, timely retreat by the Chief of Staff behind the Dnieper in the South, the North Front is Stable. No Significant Losses but a few dead Red Units...

Super Tanks rolling out, Powerful Fighters engaging, Massive Longe Range and Immense Tech in every other regard. Now mid-44, Depending, on the strength of one side or the other things can change a great deal in the Clear Months, we shall see who is master of europe by Summer of '45, Until Friends

[ February 01, 2007, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Liam ]

I've taken a beating in Russia. Pushed behind Volga. Dished out some damage to the Nazis, but the Reds are weak. Liam has sent quite a bit to France, getting the pressure of me in the East. Patton has his hands full. Lots of death around the Seigford Line. Gerry is countering with alot of stuff, there will be many dead on both sides. Western Allies do have a nice combined air force.

WAR IS OVER! V-E Day at last. Took me until September 1944, but the Buntas fold. Too much heat by Patton in France, caused Gerry to overload the Siegford line. So instead of a head on attack, we bombed Italy into submission. Rome, Sicily, & a couple other ports were either cutoff or leveled. Meanwhile, ground forces began preparation for occupation.

In the Eastern front, the Russians increase rockets to +2, and pepper some Buntas. Too many Reds for the little adolfs.

US%20Army%20Moving%20up%20through%20Prato,%20Italy,%209%20April%201945,%20111__A_jpg.jpg

The Allies played a very subtle defense. The Russians gave up a ton of ground in 1942-1943. I was backed up all the way to the Volga! 1942 was a tough year. I tried to hold Dneiper with forts & the rivers...it was going well, until I tried a counter-attack. In late '42, I was doing well in the forts, but got bored. I dished out some kills, but took double the damage. With high losses, the Reds fell back thru-out 1943 to Volga. I was very concerned.

With the Reds in danger of ultimate destruction, the RAF had plans of their own. A multi-year bombing plan was put into place. British research got Heavy Bombers +3, Long Range +3, Air+2, after 3 years. ('41-'44). Two British bombers did nice damage & supply shortages to all my actions in France. RAF fighters weren't great, but were willing to exchange with the Bunta Aces. Liam had many, many, fighters, bragging upto 8 with combined axis minors. The RAF spent all their income on Fighters, Bombers, repairs, and their tech.

Next, the Yanks. Went hardcore on the ground game. Forget the air with Uncle Sam, well, far as tech. Yanks got IW+3, and taught Gerry how to truly conquer France, forever. Patton got the green light, bomber support, and the gas to rip thru France. Screw the French & Gerry. Once Gerry brought back more crack troops to Seigford, we started to pepper Italy from Southern France. RAF loved that LR+3 !!!