New Computer Problem

Sanok

I just bought a new computer and installed AK and BB. Everything works fine, but an unusual problem has happened.

If I minimize either game, then maximize it to play again, I get a black screen in any game, QB or scenario. I must use CTR ALT DEL to end the game. When I click on the desktop icon to start either game again, it's fine. The games only get the black screen if I minimize, then maximize.

Is there a solution to this problem?

This definitely sounds like a problem with the video drivers or some other program that may be intefering with screen refresh. However I'm not sure if there will be a fix for your particular problem or not; it may depend on which videocard you have installed.

You may want to try a newer version of the driver, if it is available. System manufacturers often load an older, and supposedly more stable, driver in their OS installs. If that's the case, then you may be running into an old driver problem that can be rectified with an update.

There can also be the possibility that another program that is running could be interfering with the redraw of CM, though this particular cause would probably be rare. The most likely culprit would be some sort of display-oriented utility, but it could still be any number of utilities that get installed.

All depends on what videocard you have. Typically the latest drivers provided on a manufacturer's site (the video chip manufacturer) should be fine, though on occasion those aren't the best (sometimes the latest driver is broken concerning CM, etc.).

Is your computer a name brand, such as Dell, HP, etc. ? If it is what model is it ?