Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Each game map is part of a greater Master Map

I just came across this, and was hoping to get a honest response to this concept!.

http://members.shaw.ca/gcsaunders/welcome.html

World War II in Europe - THE FIRST BLITZKRIEG!:

Map scale is 10 kilometers per hex and two days per turn. Each game map is part of a greater Master Map, encompassing the whole of Europe and parts of North Africa and Western Asia with a quarter million hexes. The Master Map will be released with the final game in the series

So,...if this help's for a WORLD MAP or just larger map areas for our campaigning, then!, so be it!. Maybey this MAP-IDEA can be used for...'SC3'???.

Hubert!:

I rarely waste your time, but this time i must!.

I just purchased and downloaded 'THE OPERATIONAL ART OF WAR III',...courtesy of 'Norm Koger'[Whom i have a lot of respect for], and i have to say, that from just the little bit of gameplay i have done,...that even though his game seem's to be quite sophisticated,and i yet haven't explored it all yet, I DO MISS SOME OF THE FEATURES THAT YOUR GAME HAS!.

For one, im not 20-Year's old anymore, and so i of course select the resolution rate to maximize the image sizes on the screen!-to make it easier to see what is going on, you cant do that with OPART III!.

Also his map background screen colors make everything seem DARK, so there isn't the contrast that your SC2 game has, which makes it easier visually, Your game has an enriching feature to give sound effects for Movement & Battle, his does not![i really did miss that], the detail on your unit's is greater than what he has,..."so" this evaluation is based on only 3 turns of play!.

I figure with a little more tweaking for realism, gameplay, MOD creation improvements/enhancement's, and other such feature's...as what Edwin P. and other's have presented, can only make the 'standing' or overall 'respect' for your game to increase ever more.

You have a very good thing going here 'Hubert' [Even i have taken them for granted], so if it's at all worth it!, please don't give up on continuing perhap's with an eventual SC3, which can then possibly incorporate the myriad of requested features, some such...as a 'WORLD MAP', & also being able to include more Nation's that could be in the game, Larger Map's if at all possible, More emphasis on Naval Warfare, etc!.

UPDATE: Ok!,...There is sound, but it's not as rich as compared to what SC2 has, it is in my mind anyway, only a mere shadow or whisper of what your game has for sound effect's!.

[ October 15, 2006, 05:15 AM: Message edited by: Retributar ]