AAR - A3R Mod for SC2-WaW

A3RSep43Italy.jpg

Sep 43. USA has taken Sicily and is preparing to invade Italy. Since Axis has taken Cairo, there was no push from the east to clear Libya so Allies are advancing from Tunisia.

Usually both USA and UK will invade Sicily and Italy from Tunis and Tripoli once those objectives are taken. If Tripoli is still held by Axis, USA may proceed to invade Sicily and Italy on its own. Note that UK has sent reinforcements to North Africa to support USA since Cairo was lost.

With the new Surrender #2 event scripting, Italy now surrenders shortly after USA lands in Italy, regardless of Rome.

A3RSep43Iraq.jpg

Sep 43. Somewhere in here Syria had a pro-Axis coup. Axis have now taken Jeruselum and is pressuring Iraq. UK is holding on barely.

UK should be getting some more reinforcements but it appears they are all heading to North Africa instead. It's little things like this that I still need to make a few script adjustments on.

A3RSep43Iraq.jpg

Sep 43. Somewhere in here Syria had a pro-Axis coup. Axis have now taken Jeruselum and is pressuring Iraq. UK is holding on barely.

UK should be getting some more reinforcements but it appears they are all heading to North Africa instead. It's little things like this that I still need to make a few script adjustments on.

A3RSep43USSR.jpg

Sep 43. Germany is maintaining a decent front in Russia but the situation is stagnant. Neither side has enough combat power to make

significant gains. Losses report refelects the brutal reality of combat on the Russian Front for both Germany and USSR.

A3RSep43USSR.jpg

Sep 43. Germany is maintaining a decent front in Russia but the situation is stagnant. Neither side has enough combat power to make

significant gains. Losses report refelects the brutal reality of combat on the Russian Front for both Germany and USSR.

A3RJul44France.jpg

Jul 44. USA has made landings in France and is advancing to Paris. Most of the Allied effort has been in the Med, with USA and UK pushing through Italy and into southern France and Yugoslavia. Cairo and Jeruselum have been retaken and Allies are starting to push into Turkey.

A3RJul44France.jpg

Jul 44. USA has made landings in France and is advancing to Paris. Most of the Allied effort has been in the Med, with USA and UK pushing through Italy and into southern France and Yugoslavia. Cairo and Jeruselum have been retaken and Allies are starting to push into Turkey.

A3RJul44Turkey.jpg

Jul 44. The rest of the Red Army is busy fighting its way into Turkey. A German army group had attempted to make gains into the southern Caucasus but failed to make any progress.

With Italy out of the war and Allies advancing on four fronts (France, Italy, USSR and Turkey), Germany struggles to hold anything. Note MPP situation. Allies have about 2700 compared to Germany's 518. It is a matter of time now.

A3RJul44Turkey.jpg

Jul 44. The rest of the Red Army is busy fighting its way into Turkey. A German army group had attempted to make gains into the southern Caucasus but failed to make any progress.

With Italy out of the war and Allies advancing on four fronts (France, Italy, USSR and Turkey), Germany struggles to hold anything. Note MPP situation. Allies have about 2700 compared to Germany's 518. It is a matter of time now.

A3RAlliedPyrrhicVictory.jpg

Jul 45. And finally, an Allied Pyrrhic Victory in July 1945. With the latest AI enhancements for air op moves, Allied AI performance is noticeably improved. This was the first time I actually got an Allied victory screen! I figure I'm pretty close now with default play balance.

A3RAlliedPyrrhicVictory.jpg

Jul 45. And finally, an Allied Pyrrhic Victory in July 1945. With the latest AI enhancements for air op moves, Allied AI performance is noticeably improved. This was the first time I actually got an Allied victory screen! I figure I'm pretty close now with default play balance.

A3RResearchSummary.jpg

This is an end-game summary of research results. A couple of surprises are here, beyond the normally expected advancements. UK got L2 in Artillery and L4 in Intel. USSR got L1 in Heavy Bombers and Long Range Aircraft. Germany picked up L1 in Naval Warfare. Italy never did get advancements for its infantry before surrendering in 1943. Oh well.

Closing. This was a pretty good game overall despite a few weaknesses that I want to work on. Good enough at this point to post a full AAR and highlight what SC2-WaW is capable of. The new game features, a more comprehensive Editor, and many AI improvements have allowed me to take this A3R mod campaign idea and make it a reality.

One issue with this mod compared to Hubert's default game is that there are many more units on the map and thus it does take a bit longer to play. But half the fun is being able to recreate the old Third Reich game and its challenges of what various army groups can accomplish with limited combat power and limited time. And have a challenging computer opponent full of surprises! This mod will be posted shortly after SC2-WaW is released.

A3RResearchSummary.jpg

This is an end-game summary of research results. A couple of surprises are here, beyond the normally expected advancements. UK got L2 in Artillery and L4 in Intel. USSR got L1 in Heavy Bombers and Long Range Aircraft. Germany picked up L1 in Naval Warfare. Italy never did get advancements for its infantry before surrendering in 1943. Oh well.

Closing. This was a pretty good game overall despite a few weaknesses that I want to work on. Good enough at this point to post a full AAR and highlight what SC2-WaW is capable of. The new game features, a more comprehensive Editor, and many AI improvements have allowed me to take this A3R mod campaign idea and make it a reality.

One issue with this mod compared to Hubert's default game is that there are many more units on the map and thus it does take a bit longer to play. But half the fun is being able to recreate the old Third Reich game and its challenges of what various army groups can accomplish with limited combat power and limited time. And have a challenging computer opponent full of surprises! This mod will be posted shortly after SC2-WaW is released.