A few comments from playtesting the 1944 scenario last night against the Allied AI on normal difficulty settings, at least though end of summer '44.

D-Day included paratroops dropping adjacent to Brest. Invasion went well, with Brest falling on second turn. German defense could not hold and ended up retreating to establish the West Wall garrison along the Rhine. Paris held through the summer.

Allies made little headway in Italy for first several turns, but eventually broke my line and I fell back to the Alps in the north.

Russian Front was dynamic. I was taking losses and forced to fall back everywhere. Things slowly began to stabilize by late summer (Konigsberg-Warsaw-Bucharest line). I was looking forward to bad weather to further delay the Russians until my reinforcements would start to arrive off the production queue - and those production delays can be agonizing! In Finland, a Russian army group with HQ succeeded in reaching Helsinki and it was only a matter of time before I would lose the Finns.

Overall, this was pretty impressive AI performance for normal difficulty! MPPs are quite limited, so a delicate balance must be made between reinforcing damaged units and rebuilding destroyed units. And who to upgrade with higher tech, etc. etc. It played out pretty well. I'm curious to see how it goes for the other side next.

So far there's at least one event for the Axis AI to reinforce Libya. There are already some unit events for the Allied AI to receive reinforcements in Egypt. So there's something for you to look forward to. The AI is "good enough" for release. Expect continued enhancements, that's all I can say. smile.gif