Strange mouse problem

Milo

I had CMBB loaded on my system and it was running fine, no problems.

Over the weekend something happened and I am not sure where to start. When I would load up the game the mouse would not move freely, it would only move in small increments. I deleted the game and reloaded it, it would load fine but the mouse pointer would flash in and out when I would load a scenario. Then when entering the game again it would go back to the first problem of the mouse not wanting to move.

Any ideas ? All my drivers are current and the game was running fine earlier.

System specs:

1.8 AMD

512 Ram

Ti4600

XP Home

Thanks in advance.

Do you have mouse tracking problems anywhere else in Windows ?

Did you update drivers, add some hardware or software lately ?

Which version of the Nvidia driver are you using ? Are you running any antivirus programs ? If you do a Ctrl-Alt-Del and go to the Task Manager, can you kill all of the programs (except Explorer) that have your username as the User. It's possible that some application is slowing down the processor and this is adversely affecting playing and moving around in CM.

• 1 year later...

My workaround is control-alt-delete and then hit cancel.

I need it for both CMBO and CMBB.

For some reason if I alt-tab out of CMBO, when I come back in I have no introductory music.

I also have terrible mouse flicker in both games as long as the cursor is resting outside the playing area. If I rest it inside the playing area, however, it flickers once and dissappears, which I rather like. A bit of a ghost image when I first move it again, though.

This problem started after I upgraded from DirectX 8 to DirectX 9, and I've never been able to resolve it. I'm assuming that DirectX 9 created some kind of minor conflict between my sound and my mouse. I keep hoping that a newer DirectX release will eliminate it, but I suspect that will never happen.